* Re: Unable to connect to NFS Server - mountd crashing
       [not found] <08df01c38ce5$8398e260$6401a8c0@Matt>
@ 2003-10-09  8:42 ` Mark A. Tagliaferro
From: Mark A. Tagliaferro @ 2003-10-09  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Heaton; +Cc: NFS

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a reverse lookup? Anyway I did not
change any settings.  The NFS server has been working happily for the last year
and a half.  The only thing that changed was that the hardrive containing the
data i want to share was not in the server because there were some bad sector
problems.  I copied the data onto another harddrive and inserted the new
harddrive.

I tried removing it again but still montd is crashing.

Mark
 --- Matt Heaton <admin@0catch.com> wrote: > Did you just change the reverse
lookup on the IP of the client or server?

@ 2003-10-09  9:20   ` Mark A. Tagliaferro
From: Mark A. Tagliaferro @ 2003-10-09  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NFS

Well I'll be darned.

This morning I've tried once again to solve things and lo and behold the error
has changed now!!!

Now I'm getting "RPC Error : Timed Out" when I try to mount and the NFS server
is managing to stay up.  I can't understand why though because the servers are
communicating otherwise.  Even "rpcinfo -p server" is working.

Mark

 --- "Mark A. Tagliaferro" <be_lak@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Excuse my ignorance,

@ 2003-10-07 10:51 Mark A. Tagliaferro