* tables and contained chains
@ 2003-10-09 10:03 William Bundy
From: William Bundy @ 2003-10-09 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hy,

I am using for some time iptables, but I still have moments when I get confused about some pakets that go the wrong way. I thing it would be very usefull, not just for me, if someone that it is very familiar with all tables and chains, would do a short description on all the tables and chains (what are used for, in which order are them pass by pakets - a little ascii schematics wowld be great).
I allready RTFM, but there is no list of tables and chains well documented.

----

Home, no matter how far...
http://www.home.ro

* Re: tables and contained chains
@ 2003-10-11 20:16 ` Eric Leblond
From: Eric Leblond @ 2003-10-11 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Bundy; +Cc: netfilter

Hi,

I try to explain this on this page :
    http://home.regit.org/iptables.html
It may need some work to get completly clear. But any suggestions are
welcome.

--
Eric Leblond
Now Users Filtering Works : http://www.nufw.org