* 2001-(Ali chipset)mainboard with no ACPI because "from '97 and too old"!
@ 2003-10-09 19:08 BlaisorBlade
       [not found] ` <200310092108.15747.blaisorblade_work-whZMOeQn8C0@public.gmane.org>
From: BlaisorBlade @ 2003-10-09 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

The subject explains almost all. On my desktop, my mainboard (from 1st
mainboards, with an AMI bios, if I don't remember badly) appears, on boot, as
"from '97 and too old" so ACPI is disabled; see top of dmesg output (on
kernel 2.4.22). On some older version of the patch(I've used the -ck patchset
since kernel 2.4.20, and it included ACPI, and I've had it in the Mandrake
9.0/9.1 kernel) my mainboard was correctly handled and ACPI didn't create any
problems. All required data is attached. Please address any question on Cc:
to me, since I'm not subscribed. Thanks.
--
cat <<EOSIGN
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade

[-- Attachment #2: datas.tar.bz2 --]
[-- Type: application/x-tbz, Size: 20987 bytes --]

* Re: 2001-(Ali chipset)mainboard with no ACPI because "from '97 and too old"!
       [not found] ` <200310092108.15747.blaisorblade_work-whZMOeQn8C0@public.gmane.org>
@ 2003-10-10  8:30   ` Ducrot Bruno
From: Ducrot Bruno @ 2003-10-10  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlaisorBlade; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 09:08:15PM +0200, BlaisorBlade wrote:
> The subject explains almost all. On my desktop, my mainboard (from 1st
> mainboards, with an AMI bios, if I don't remember badly) appears, on boot, as
> "from '97 and too old" so ACPI is disabled; see top of dmesg output (on
> kernel 2.4.22). On some older version of the patch(I've used the -ck patchset
> since kernel 2.4.20, and it included ACPI, and I've had it in the Mandrake
> 9.0/9.1 kernel) my mainboard was correctly handled and ACPI didn't create any
> problems. All required data is attached. Please address any question on Cc:
> to me, since I'm not subscribed. Thanks.

Dmesg said:

<quote>
ACPI disabled because your bios is from 97                         and too old
You can enable it with acpi=force
</quote>

so reboot with kernel parameter acpi=force.

--
Ducrot Bruno

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.