* [Qemu-devel] Now for the complicated part of the OS X port...
@ 2003-10-07 10:29 qemu
From: qemu @ 2003-10-07 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I am able to get every file, including vm86.o,  op-i386.o, helper-i386.o,
etc. to compile (after quite a few code mods that disable certain
functionality) except the syscall.c file, but that's because it is made
specifically for Linux, and Darwin will need it's own, which is a job in
itself. The other files that don't compile are those that include the
dyngen-generated includes.

I am wondering if anyone on this list knows much about the Mach-O file
format, and would possibly consider writing a dyngen program that will
generate the appropriate headers so this thing will compile the rest the
way.

If not, Fabrice, do you have any pointers of where I can get a crash
course on writing a dyngen program for Mach-O files so I can let it
process Darwin's applicable files?

Mainly my objective at this point is to familiarize myself with the code,
make it all compile, then actually reimplement my changes in a way that
can be integrated into the main branch. So if anyone wonders about the
number of commented out items, such as the get_long_only function in vl,
it's because OS X doesn't have a version of that.

I have put up an updated tarball on my site:
http://www.raylucke.com/20010926/software/qemu/

Regards,

Ray