From: Arnt Karlsen <arnt@c2i.net>
To: netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
Subject: Re: smoothwall
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:59:09 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:02:43 +0800,
"Fritz Mesedilla" <fritz.mesedilla@overturemedia.com> wrote in message
<F22386C3FEB012449238672E38ED61E70A8D08@overlord.overturemedia.com>:

> Hello folks!
>
> Has anyone tried smoothwall?
> I have become tired of making samba work and still it won't work so
> now I am resorting to using a "pre-built" iptables firewall. At least
> it is GUI-based. :D
>
> I've always wanted to make my own firewall bash script.
> If I can make smoothwall and samba to work properly then perhaps I can
> use the firewall script it generates to make my own, right?
>
> So can anyone advice me on this one?

..needs its own box, if your ok with that, chk out ipcop.org.

..also possible to set up a basic debian with 2.4.18 (bf24) and
rip out ipchains and install shorewall.net and webmin.com,
do 'apt-get remove --purge ipchains ; apt-get update ; apt-get \
upgrade ; apt-get install shorewall webmin ', then go into webmin's
update menu to update webmin to 1.110 or whatever it is now,
then go into webmin's shorewall menu.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: