* smoothwall
@ 2003-09-29  9:02 Fritz Mesedilla
From: Fritz Mesedilla @ 2003-09-29  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello folks!

Has anyone tried smoothwall?
I have become tired of making samba work and still it won't work so now I am resorting to using a "pre-built" iptables firewall.
At least it is GUI-based. :D

I've always wanted to make my own firewall bash script.
If I can make smoothwall and samba to work properly then perhaps I can use the firewall script it generates to make my own, right?

So can anyone advice me on this one?

Thanks.

fritz <www.mesedilla.com>
---
+ Basta Ikaw Lord

the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your
system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.

Overture Media, Inc.
Direct Line: (632) 635-4785
Trunkline:   (632) 631-8971 Local 146
Level 1 Summit Media Offices, Robinsons Galleria EDSA Cor. Ortigas Ave., Quezon City 1100

* Re: smoothwall
@ 2003-10-10 18:59 ` Arnt Karlsen
From: Arnt Karlsen @ 2003-10-10 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:02:43 +0800,
"Fritz Mesedilla" <fritz.mesedilla@overturemedia.com> wrote in message
<F22386C3FEB012449238672E38ED61E70A8D08@overlord.overturemedia.com>:

> Hello folks!
>
> Has anyone tried smoothwall?
> I have become tired of making samba work and still it won't work so
> now I am resorting to using a "pre-built" iptables firewall. At least
> it is GUI-based. :D
>
> I've always wanted to make my own firewall bash script.
> If I can make smoothwall and samba to work properly then perhaps I can
> use the firewall script it generates to make my own, right?
>
> So can anyone advice me on this one?

..needs its own box, if your ok with that, chk out ipcop.org.

..also possible to set up a basic debian with 2.4.18 (bf24) and
rip out ipchains and install shorewall.net and webmin.com,
do 'apt-get remove --purge ipchains ; apt-get update ; apt-get \
upgrade ; apt-get install shorewall webmin ', then go into webmin's
update menu to update webmin to 1.110 or whatever it is now,
then go into webmin's shorewall menu.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: