* avc: denied messages
@ 2003-10-13 18:15 Carlos Anísio Monteiro
From: Carlos Anísio Monteiro @ 2003-10-13 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux, Carlos Anísio Monteiro

Helo.

When system boot process is running up a lot of messages "avc: denied"
are displayed, in permissive mode e enforcing mode. In permissive mode,
for all the messages "avc: denied" the boot process is completed and the
login prompt is showed. However, in enforcing mode, it displayed the
messages "avc: denied", but also displayed others messages: "INIT: Id
"runlevel number" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes", "INIT: no
more processes left in this runlevel"; and stop the boot process.
Please, how I resolve this ?

PS. I appended the line "/.journal <<none>>" in the file_context file,
because one error message is displayed when compiling the rules.

thanks.

* Re: avc: denied messages
@ 2003-10-13 21:55 ` Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2003-10-13 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Anísio Monteiro, selinux

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 04:15, Carlos Anísio Monteiro wrote:
> When system boot process is running up a lot of messages "avc: denied"
> are displayed, in permissive mode e enforcing mode. In permissive mode,
> for all the messages "avc: denied" the boot process is completed and the
> login prompt is showed. However, in enforcing mode, it displayed the
> messages "avc: denied", but also displayed others messages: "INIT: Id
> "runlevel number" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes", "INIT: no
> more processes left in this runlevel"; and stop the boot process.
> Please, how I resolve this ?

To answer this question we need to know the exact messages in question, both
the AVC messages and which ID init says is respawning too fast.

> PS. I appended the line "/.journal <<none>>" in the file_context file,
> because one error message is displayed when compiling the rules.

What error?