* Re: pptp-conntrack-nat and PPTP server behind firewall
       [not found] <1066175519.8813.92.camel@johnh>
@ 2003-10-15  7:32 ` Harald Welte
From: Harald Welte @ 2003-10-15  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:51:59PM -0700, John Hardin wrote:
> Harald:
>
> In the .help file you state:
>
> 	can only NAT connections from PNS to PAC
>
> It's been a while since I've worked with the PPTP model, and I've
> forgotten what the acronyms mean. Does this comment mean that the
> current pptp-conntrack-nat code can or cannot be used for a PPTP server
> behind a masq/nat firewall serving clients out on the Internet?

no, it can be used for both ways.  It just assumes that (like every
known implementation I've seen so far) the TCP connection is established
between 'client' and 'server'.  The protocol spec also allow a 'server'
to connect the 'client'.

Please ask questions like this on the mailing lists, this way you might
get a quick answer and the question is documented in the list archive

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org>               http://www.gnumonks.org/
Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to support it your lifetime