* s390 test8 patches.
@ 2003-10-21 15:05 Martin Schwidefsky
From: Martin Schwidefsky @ 2003-10-21 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds, linux-kernel

Hi Linus,
8 bug fix patches for s390.

Short descriptions:
1) Base s390 fixes.
2) Common i/o layer fixes.
3) Pete Zaitcev complained about the dst_link_failure calls in the
   s390 network drivers. They can cause oopses in the tcp stack.
4) Dasd driver fixes.
5) Tape driver fixes.
6) More network driver fixes.
7) Fix reference counting problem of group device root objects.
   Is it worthwhile to add something like s390_root_dev_{register,unregister}
   to common code?
8) Fix copy_from_user / spin_lock problem in console drivers
   (DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP struck oil..)

One question: you said you only want stability bug fixes for now.
I conclude that I better not waste my and your time by sending in a
~9000 lines patch that replaces the old, broken 3270 driver with a
new one, right ?

blue skies,
  Martin.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-21 15:05 UTC | newest]