* spam control through sendmail
@ 2003-10-22  6:14 Sarvesh Singhal
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sarvesh Singhal @ 2003-10-22  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-india-help; +Cc: linux-admin

Hi all,

I have configured internal mail server running sendmail. Since last few days
I have noticed that large no. of spam mails and virus mails are being
relayed using mailto:support@abhikalak.com How can I stop this. Is procmail
recipe suitable or advise about spam-assassin

SS

* Re: spam control through sendmail
@ 2003-10-22  9:03 ` Per Jessen
From: Per Jessen @ 2003-10-22  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sarvesh Singhal; +Cc: linux-admin, linux-usb-users

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 08:14, Sarvesh Singhal wrote:

> I have configured internal mail server running sendmail. Since last few
> days I have noticed that large no. of spam mails and virus mails are being
> relayed using mailto:support@abhikalak.com How can I stop this. Is procmail
> recipe suitable or advise about spam-assassin

If you are talking about your email-server being used to send spam, look up information
on how to close an open relay.
If you're fighting spam that you receive, spamassassin is probably a good idea. Or
at least worth having a look at.
I have little experience with sendmail, but for how to get postfix working with spamassassin,
this might help:  http://jessen.ch/articles/spamassassin-and-postfix

/Per
--

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich

* Re: spam control through sendmail
@ 2003-10-22 10:20 ` Horia Chirculescu
From: Horia Chirculescu @ 2003-10-22 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sarvesh Singhal; +Cc: linux-india-help, linux-admin

Also, additional to Per's indications, you can try MailScanner package
with an anti-virus program running on your mail server.

F-prot for linux is a very good choice for that.

I actively use all those programs and they work great.

Have a nice day.

                           ____    ____    o           ~
               //     //  / __ \  //   \  // //''''  //\\
              //_____//  / / / / //___ / // //      //  \\
             //     //  / /_/ / // \    // //      //____\\
            //     //   \____/ //   \  //  \\.... //      \\
                          Comtec Net Romania
         WEB: www.eltop.ro IRC: irc.eltop.ro NEWS: news.eltop.ro
                    Horia Chirculescu root@eltop.ro
                        Connex: +40 723 205 086
			Zapp:   +40 788 374 059

@ 2003-10-22 15:19 ` Jorge R. Csapo
From: Jorge R. Csapo @ 2003-10-22 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sarvesh Singhal; +Cc: linux-india-help, linux-admin

Also look up the access db on sendmail.org.

assim falou Sarvesh Singhal (em 22/10/2003):
> Hi all,
>
> I have configured internal mail server running sendmail. Since last few days
> I have noticed that large no. of spam mails and virus mails are being
> relayed using mailto:support@abhikalak.com How can I stop this. Is procmail
> recipe suitable or advise about spam-assassin
>

> SS
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-admin" in

Jorge R. Csapo
 /"\
 \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
  X  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
 / \
http://www.completo.com.br/~jorge
With a PC, I always felt limited
by the software available.
On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge.
--Peter J. Schoenster