* hotplug rpm
@ 2004-01-06  4:20 Jon Smirl
From: Jon Smirl @ 2004-01-06  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

I upgraded to the new hotplug rpms but now up2date keeps complaining. It says:

hotplug
version installed: hotplug-2004_01_05-1
available: hotplug-2003_08_05-1:3

Some reason it doesn't seem to think the 2004 version is newer than the old one.

==Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@yahoo.com

* Re: hotplug rpm
@ 2004-01-07 23:11 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2004-01-07 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 08:20:40PM -0800, Jon Smirl wrote:
> I upgraded to the new hotplug rpms but now up2date keeps complaining. It says:
>
> hotplug
> version installed: hotplug-2004_01_05-1
> available: hotplug-2003_08_05-1:3
>
> Some reason it doesn't seem to think the 2004 version is newer than the old one.

Yeah, I've noticed that.  I think because Red Hat is using epochs in
their rpm for some reason.  I never really looked into it, it's easier
just to tell apt-get/up2date/yum to just ignore the hotplug packages.

If anyone wants to send me a patch to the hotplug.spec file in the
hotplug package to fix this, I would appreciate it.

thanks,

greg k-h