From: pa3gcu <pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl>
To: Ray Olszewski <ray@comarre.com>, linux-newbie@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Modules problem part-2
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 07:18:26 +0100	[thread overview]

On Monday 05 January 2004 19:53, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> At 11:55 PM 1/5/2004 +0530, joy wrote:
> >hi,
> >I did what was told of  me, make modules and make install and the modules
> >were in place.
> >but the other problem I had with lsmod and insmod giving me error stating:
> >QM_MODULES function not implemented
> >refuses to go away
> >even at bootup ,
> >when init runs modprobe, the same error appears a LOT of times.(it scrolls
> >fast but I could just make out!)
>
> It sounds like you (or whoever compiled your kernel) did not compile in
> loadable modules support. (In 2.4.x kernels, which I still use, this is the
> second item in the "make menuconfig" setup list, so you might look in a
> similar location in the 2.6.x configuration.)
>
> In the 2.4.x kernels, the relevant section of the actual config file is
>
>          #
>          # Loadable module support
>          #
>          CONFIG_MODULES=y
>          CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y
>          CONFIG_KMOD=y
>
> Here too, you might look for something similar in the 2.6.x config file ...
> the "QM_MODULES" name might indicate a change in terminology.

AFAIK Joy has NOT followed my advice, to be more precise, Joy quite possably
needs to install a new set of modules utilitys which is mentioned in the
Changes file (of which i mentioned in my last mail).

Use google and type in QM_MODULES as the search and one will see that Joy is
not the first to have this problem.

--
If the Linux community is a bunch of theives because they
try to imitate windows programs, then the Windows community

Regards Richard
pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/

-