From: pa3gcu <pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl>
To: gracecott@sancharnet.in
Cc: linux-newbie@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Modules problem part-2
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 08:14:54 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 12:53, joy wrote:
> Hi pa3gcu (please tell me how to pronounce it),

Prounouce it "Richard".
 pa3gcu is my Radio Ham callsign.

> I did exactly what you told me to do.
> I went thru the debug mesgs and found that module-init-tools is reqd.,
> downloaded it,
> and installed.
> Well,
> lsmod and insmod now work perfect, but init's modprobe stills curses the
> hell out of me.

Possably because you did not read the README and INSTALL files in the
mod-utils package (properly) before you compiled and installed them.

> I'll compile another time and see if I can get it working......

Bad option, do some reading first.

You may want to also try using www.google.com/linux to find more info about
your problem, others have been there and done that, so see what they did to
correct the problem.

--
If the Linux community is a bunch of theives because they
try to imitate windows programs, then the Windows community

Regards Richard
pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/

-