* RE: Processor C states and USB problem
@ 2004-01-06  1:27 Yu, Luming
       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401720C79-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Yu, Luming @ 2004-01-06  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Olivka, mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w
  Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

>usb host use poll mode to get data from usb peripherals, and result is
>continuous busmaster activity.

Hmm,  it looks like we should stop such kind of poll to support power
save.

Click now! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id\x1278&alloc_id371&op=click

@ 2004-01-06 18:37   ` Nate Lawson
From: Nate Lawson @ 2004-01-06 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu, Luming
  Cc: Petr Olivka, mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w,
	acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Yu, Luming wrote:
> >usb host use poll mode to get data from usb peripherals, and result is
> >continuous busmaster activity.
>
> Hmm,  it looks like we should stop such kind of poll to support power
> save.

Good luck.  That would require processor.c to become aware of the USB
driver loaded.  In FreeBSD, we have a generic kernel interface module (.m)
that you can add that allows other kernel features to call a function
without knowing what will service the call in the backend.  I guess you
could do this via a function pointer, but you'd still have added binary
compatibility issues between ACPI and USB.

-Nate

* RE: Processor C states and USB problem
       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401720CE2-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-20 19:51   ` Nate Lawson
From: Nate Lawson @ 2004-01-20 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu, Luming; +Cc: Diego SANTA CRUZ, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Yu, Luming wrote:
> > Yes, but compared to the usage count of C2 that is extremely low, and
> > the CPU is idling all the time (CPU usage is below 1%). I don't know
> > much about C states but I guess it should go into C3 much more often,
> > and the bus mastering activity should show something else
> > than ffffffff
> > when booting with a bare bones kernel and with no extra hw initialized
> > (USB, FireWire, etc.)
>
> I agree that it's unreasonable that C3 usage count is never above 5.
> This is the result of the C state power policy.
>
> Threshold is:
> pr->power.states[ACPI_STATE_C2].promotion.threshold.bm = 0x0F;
> pr->power.states[ACPI_STATE_C3].demotion.threshold.bm = 0x0F;
>
> The condition of promotion or demotion is:
> if (pr->power.bm_activity & cx->demotion.threshold.bm) {
> if (!(pr->power.bm_activity & cx->promotion.threshold.bm)) {
>
> Using the following statement to adjust bm_activity of the last Nth
> schedule quanta.
>
> pr->power.bm_activity <<= 1;
> if(bm_status)
> 	pr->power.bm_activity++;
>
> So it's is not strange that C3 usage count is 4  !
>
> Maybe we need a more sophisticated policy .

In FreeBSD, I clear BM_STS before exiting idle.  If I come back and it's
set, then avoid C3 and demote to C2.  If not and last sleep was > C3
latency, then use C3.  It's unnecessary to count the number of BM_STS
events.

-Nate

http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn

@ 2004-01-19 10:20   ` Diego SANTA CRUZ
From: Diego SANTA CRUZ @ 2004-01-19 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu, Luming; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 04:17, Yu, Luming wrote:

> > Yes, but compared to the usage count of C2 that is extremely low, and
> > the CPU is idling all the time (CPU usage is below 1%). I don't know
> > much about C states but I guess it should go into C3 much more often,
> > and the bus mastering activity should show something else
> > than ffffffff
> > when booting with a bare bones kernel and with no extra hw initialized
> > (USB, FireWire, etc.)
>
> I agree that it's unreasonable that C3 usage count is never above 5.
> This is the result of the C state power policy.

Thanks for the explanations, it is more or less what I had understood
from reading processor.c last week. But my bottom line question was more
of the sort "why is there constant bus mastering activity if almost no
hardware is initialized", as I understand it is the bus mastering
activity that's preventing the use of C3.

Is there a not-so-complicated way to find out which subsystem is the
culprit for the bus mastering activity? As reported elsewhere in this
thread, it appears to be that this issue appears under 2.4 and not 2.6
(provided no USB mouse is plugged). I have not tested 2.6 on my laptop
yet, only 2.4.

Best,

Diego

> Threshold is:
> pr->power.states[ACPI_STATE_C2].promotion.threshold.bm = 0x0F;
> pr->power.states[ACPI_STATE_C3].demotion.threshold.bm = 0x0F;
>
> The condition of promotion or demotion is:
> if (pr->power.bm_activity & cx->demotion.threshold.bm) {
> if (!(pr->power.bm_activity & cx->promotion.threshold.bm)) {
>
> Using the following statement to adjust bm_activity of the last Nth
> schedule quanta.
>
> pr->power.bm_activity <<= 1;
> if(bm_status)
> 	pr->power.bm_activity++;
>
> So it's is not strange that C3 usage count is 4  !
>
> Maybe we need a more sophisticated policy .

Diego SANTA CRUZ <dsanta-W/9V78bTXrinCNX9eg9BBA@public.gmane.org>
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne - EPFL

@ 2004-01-19 10:15 Ow Mun Heng
From: Ow Mun Heng @ 2004-01-19 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu, Luming, Michael Guntsche,
	acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

RH9 + 2.4.24 + cpufreq patched + D600
No USB attached. USB kernel module is loaded.. I can rmmod all but usbcore
(still ffffff)

 # cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/power
 active state:            C2
 default state:           C1
 bus master activity:     ffffffff
 states:
     C1:                  promotion[C2] demotion[--]
 latency[000] usage[00212900]
    *C2:                  promotion[C3] demotion[C1]
 latency[050] usage[02242678]
     C3:                  promotion[--] demotion[C2]
 latency[050] usage[00000000]

       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401720CEB-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-18 10:00   ` Michael Guntsche
From: Michael Guntsche @ 2004-01-18 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:57:59 +0800
"Yu, Luming" <luming.yu-ral2JQCrhuEAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > Under 2.4 bus master always shows "ffffffff" on my notebook. Sometimes
> > shutting down USB helps, sometimes it doesn't.
> > Running under 2.6 I only get full bus master activity if an USB
> > mouse is plugged in.
>
> Could you post output from " cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/power"
> I want to check the usage of C3.

active state:            C2
default state:           C1
bus master activity:     9292d292
states:
    C1:                  promotion[C2] demotion[--] latency[000] usage[00000010]
   *C2:                  promotion[C3] demotion[C1] latency[001] usage[00086443]
    C3:                  promotion[--] demotion[C2] latency[085] usage[00012776]

This is 2.6.1 with no USB mouse plugged in.

Michael

@ 2004-01-18  5:57 Yu, Luming
       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401720CEB-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Yu, Luming @ 2004-01-18  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Guntsche, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

@ 2004-01-18  3:17 Yu, Luming
       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401720CE2-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Yu, Luming @ 2004-01-18  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego SANTA CRUZ; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

       [not found]         ` <20040114163437.4bcbc62f.mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-15  8:06           ` Diego SANTA CRUZ
From: Diego SANTA CRUZ @ 2004-01-15  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Guntsche; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 16:34, Michael Guntsche wrote:

> Have you tried running a 2.6 kernel?
> Under 2.4 bus master always shows "ffffffff" on my notebook. Sometimes
> shutting down USB helps, sometimes it doesn't.
> Running under 2.6 I only get full bus master activity if an USB
> mouse is plugged in.

Thanks for the info. I guess I should get myself to try it out sometime
soon then. The only problem is that the winmodem in this laptop uses a
binary driver not available for 2.6 (AFAIK).

Best,

Diego

Diego Santa Cruz - PhD
Publications available at http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~dsanta
Signal Processing Institute (LTS1 / ITS / STI)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
EPFL - STI - ITS, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
E-mail:     Diego.SantaCruz-p8DiymsW2f8@public.gmane.org
Phone:      +41 - 21 - 693 26 57
Fax:        +41 - 21 - 693 76 00

* Re: Processor C states and USB problem
       [not found]     ` <1074066934.9124.6.camel-TVkb0Wta32GnwOLKaxbZ/w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-14 15:34       ` Michael Guntsche
       [not found]         ` <20040114163437.4bcbc62f.mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Guntsche @ 2004-01-14 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:55:35 +0100
Diego SANTA CRUZ <dsanta-W/9V78bTXrinCNX9eg9BBA@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > > bit more about
> > > own a Dell
> > > > >

> > How did you know your processor never transition to C3 mode?
> >

> The usage count is never above 5, even after a long period (an hour or
> more of idle CPU). But yes, strictly speaking it's almost never ;-)

> > Usage of C3 is 4.
>
> Yes, but compared to the usage count of C2 that is extremely low, and
> the CPU is idling all the time (CPU usage is below 1%). I don't know
> much about C states but I guess it should go into C3 much more often,
> and the bus mastering activity should show something else than
> ffffffff when booting with a bare bones kernel and with no extra hw
> initialized(USB, FireWire, etc.)

Have you tried running a 2.6 kernel?
Under 2.4 bus master always shows "ffffffff" on my notebook. Sometimes
shutting down USB helps, sometimes it doesn't.
Running under 2.6 I only get full bus master activity if an USB
mouse is plugged in.

/michael

* RE: Processor C states and USB problem
       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401720CC9-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-14  7:55   ` Diego SANTA CRUZ
       [not found]     ` <1074066934.9124.6.camel-TVkb0Wta32GnwOLKaxbZ/w@public.gmane.org>
From: Diego SANTA CRUZ @ 2004-01-14  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu, Luming; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

--

@ 2004-01-14  2:10 Yu, Luming
       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401720CC9-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Yu, Luming @ 2004-01-14  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego SANTA CRUZ; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

> > > I picked up this thread and I'm interested in knowing a
> bit more about
> > > bus mastering and C3, as my laptop never goes into C3. I
> own a Dell
> > > Inspiron 8500 (details at
> > > http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~dsanta/resources/dell-i8500-linux).

How did you know your processor never transition to C3 mode?

> > > This is what I get for the power states:
> > > # cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/power
> > > active state:            C2
> > > default state:           C1
> > > bus master activity:     ffffffff
> > > states:
> > >     C1:                  promotion[C2] demotion[--]
> > > latency[000] usage[00039800]
> > >    *C2:                  promotion[C3] demotion[C1]
> > > latency[050] usage[00573330]
> > >     C3:                  promotion[--] demotion[C2]
> > > latency[050] usage[00000004]

Usage of C3 is 4.

* RE: Processor C states and USB problem
       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401720CB9-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-12 10:50   ` Diego SANTA CRUZ
From: Diego SANTA CRUZ @ 2004-01-12 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu, Luming; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 09:31, Yu, Luming wrote:
> > I picked up this thread and I'm interested in knowing a bit more about
> > bus mastering and C3, as my laptop never goes into C3. I own a Dell
> > Inspiron 8500 (details at
> > http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~dsanta/resources/dell-i8500-linux).
> >
> > This is what I get for the power states:
> > # cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/power
> > active state:            C2
> > default state:           C1
> > bus master activity:     ffffffff
> > states:
> >     C1:                  promotion[C2] demotion[--]
> > latency[000] usage[00039800]
> >    *C2:                  promotion[C3] demotion[C1]
> > latency[050] usage[00573330]
> >     C3:                  promotion[--] demotion[C2]
> > latency[050] usage[00000004]
> >
> > I tried booting with init=/bin/sh and manually loading the processor
> > module, without any external hardware attached, so that no special
> > hardware is initialized, but still there is non-stopping bus mastering
> > activity. What could be causing it? Any ideas how could I find out?
>
> I just filed a tracker http://bugme.osdl.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1839.

I tested with a bare bones kernel config and the problem persists. I
entered all the data that I thought useful in the bugzilla entry above.
Let me know if anything else is needed to help debug the problem.

@ 2004-01-12  8:31 Yu, Luming
       [not found] ` <3ACA40606221794F80A5670F0AF15F8401720CB9-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Yu, Luming @ 2004-01-12  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego SANTA CRUZ, acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

       [not found]                     ` <20040109093553.31aa1c79.rddunlap-3NddpPZAyC0@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-09 18:24                       ` Michael Guntsche
From: Michael Guntsche @ 2004-01-09 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy.Dunlap; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:35:53 -0800
"Randy.Dunlap" <rddunlap-3NddpPZAyC0@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:54:21 +0100 Michael Guntsche <mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
> wrote:
>
> | On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:15:22 +0100
> | Diego SANTA CRUZ <Diego.SantaCruz-p8DiymsW2f8@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> | > But even booting with init=/bin/sh and without ever loading any
> | > USB module I get permanent bus mastering activity. Any ideas?
> |
> | I see the same on my notebook with a 2.4 kernel. Sometimes it works,
> | but most of the time there is Bus master acitivty.
> | With 2.6 I only see that if I have a USB device plugged in (mouse)
> | that gets polled.
>
> It seems like one of the early usb uhci host controller drivers (HCDs)
> generated lots of bus master activity.  Are you sure that uhci or
> usb-uhci is not loaded (in the 2.4 problem case), even though no
> USB device drivers are loaded?

Hmm, I did some tests and found out the following.

With USB modules loaded

	bus master activity:     ffffffff

With USB modules removed, the number goes down, but the processor still
stays in C2 most of the time.

In 2.6 I only get "ffffffff" if the mouse is plugged otherwise the
notebook spends more time in C3.
Since I am using 2.6 nowadays (PREEMPT being one of the main reasons),
this is not very important for me.

On a side note.
Do you have an idea why I no longer have performance management and the limit interface with 2.6?
I don't use those two myself, I just noticed it while testing ACPI in 2.6.

/proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/info:
processor id:            0
acpi id:                 0
bus mastering control:   yes
power management:        yes
throttling control:      no
performance management:  no <-- yes on 2.4
limit interface:         no <-- yes on 2.4

This is an Acer 800 notebook with a Pentium M processor.

/Michael

* Re: Processor C states and USB problem
       [not found]                 ` <20040109165421.6fc2483a.mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-09 17:35                   ` Randy.Dunlap
       [not found]                     ` <20040109093553.31aa1c79.rddunlap-3NddpPZAyC0@public.gmane.org>
From: Randy.Dunlap @ 2004-01-09 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Guntsche
  Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Diego.SantaCruz-p8DiymsW2f8

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:54:21 +0100 Michael Guntsche <mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

| On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:15:22 +0100
| Diego SANTA CRUZ <Diego.SantaCruz-p8DiymsW2f8@public.gmane.org> wrote:
|
| > On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 11:05, Petr Olivka wrote:
| > > in 2.4 kernel I have to unload all usb modules. Then power drop to C3
| > > state. If I remember, only usbcore can be loaded (on my D600).
| > >

| > But even booting with init=/bin/sh and without ever loading any USB
| > module I get permanent bus mastering activity. Any ideas?
|
| I see the same on my notebook with a 2.4 kernel. Sometimes it works, but most of the time
| there is Bus master acitivty.
| With 2.6 I only see that if I have a USB device plugged in (mouse) that gets polled.

It seems like one of the early usb uhci host controller drivers (HCDs)
generated lots of bus master activity.  Are you sure that uhci or
usb-uhci is not loaded (in the 2.4 problem case), even though no
USB device drivers are loaded?

--
~Randy
MOTD:  Always include version info.

* Re: Processor C states and USB problem
       [not found]             ` <1073643322.10144.23.camel-TVkb0Wta32GnwOLKaxbZ/w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-09 15:54               ` Michael Guntsche
       [not found]                 ` <20040109165421.6fc2483a.mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Guntsche @ 2004-01-09 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

       [not found]         ` <Pine.LNX.4.58.0401091102120.20682-Rd/Vp7eeBLeOZheNW5JDhQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-09 10:15           ` Diego SANTA CRUZ
       [not found]             ` <1073643322.10144.23.camel-TVkb0Wta32GnwOLKaxbZ/w@public.gmane.org>
From: Diego SANTA CRUZ @ 2004-01-09 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Olivka; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

       [not found]     ` <1073640699.10144.14.camel-TVkb0Wta32GnwOLKaxbZ/w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-09 10:05       ` Petr Olivka
       [not found]         ` <Pine.LNX.4.58.0401091102120.20682-Rd/Vp7eeBLeOZheNW5JDhQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Petr Olivka @ 2004-01-09 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego SANTA CRUZ; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

       [not found] ` <571ACEFD467F7749BC50E0A98C17CDD8E84E6C-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-09  9:31   ` Diego SANTA CRUZ
       [not found]     ` <1073640699.10144.14.camel-TVkb0Wta32GnwOLKaxbZ/w@public.gmane.org>
From: Diego SANTA CRUZ @ 2004-01-09  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi,

@ 2004-01-07  9:08 Yu, Luming
From: Yu, Luming @ 2004-01-07  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nate Lawson
  Cc: Petr Olivka, mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w,
	acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

>> >usb host use poll mode to get data from usb peripherals, and result
is
>> >continuous busmaster activity.
>>
>> Hmm,  it looks like we should stop such kind of poll to support power
>> save.
>
>Good luck.  That would require processor.c to become aware of the USB
>driver loaded.
>  In FreeBSD, we have a generic kernel interface module (.m)
>that you can add that allows other kernel features to call a function
>without knowing what will service the call in the backend.  I guess you
>could do this via a function pointer, but you'd still have added binary
compatibility issues between ACPI and USB.

Maybe we can do it through a generic driver (PM) .

@ 2004-01-05  9:57   ` mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w
From: mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w @ 2004-01-05  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Li, Shaohua writes:

> Hi,
> C3 is a kind of idle, it means deep power saving.
> Actually, I observed the same symptom as you: USB devices caused many bus master activities, which make processor can't enter C3.

So C3 actually IS a good thing. ;)
I somehow got it the wrong way around (C3 being no powersave, C1 being
powersave).
As for polling the USB mouse causing busmaster acitivty, this makes sense as
well.

Thank you two for that prompt answer,
Michael

* Re: Processor C states and USB problem
       [not found] ` <E1AdQIo-0005nI-00-bi+AKbBUZKZeoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-05  9:11   ` Petr Olivka
From: Petr Olivka @ 2004-01-05  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mike-Z92qn3yYq0hWk0Htik3J/w; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

I did ask about this problem in usb-devel-forum.

You can see answer:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6249537

@ 2004-01-05  9:06 Li, Shaohua
       [not found] ` <571ACEFD467F7749BC50E0A98C17CDD8E84E6C-SRlDPOYGfgogGBtAFL8yw7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>