* Files missing in dosemu-1.1.99.1-1.i386.rpm
       [not found] <200312261245.20306.dr.claudia.neumann@gmx.de>
@ 2004-01-06 18:13 ` Claudia Neumann
From: Claudia Neumann @ 2004-01-06 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!

I downloaded the file dosemu-1.1.99.1-1.i386.rpm form
dosemu.sourceforge.net/stable for testing and tried to install it. The
installation with rpm -i installed the files, but then failed. The conversion
of the .rpm to .deb with alien failed without comment.

The installed files from the rpm-package have links to
/usr/share/dosemu/freedos/kernel.sys, but the file is missing. The same is
true for the directory /usr/share/dosemu/freedos/dosemu (all files are
missing for instance cdrom.sys, dosdbg.com, system.com, unix.com, xmode.com,
ems.sys, exitemu.com etc.) so that a new user will not get a sensible DOS
emulation started.

Another mistake: if you change prefix = /usr/local to prefix = /usr in
compiletime-settings and compile dosemu, nevertheless 'make install' will
install the files in /usr/local/*.

I would like to build a .deb-package and later an .rpm-package, if you could
tell me, which dependencies must be observed. Kernel version >= ?, libc >= ?,
XFree86 >= ?.

cu

Claudia

* create file: how come some programs can and some can't?
@ 2004-01-07  6:43   ` billh
From: billh @ 2004-01-07  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello dosemu!

I am trying to figure out why some of my software can create new files
and some can't.

For example, if I launch DOS EDIT and type in some text, I have no
problem saving that text to a new disk file.

But if I launch PDC Prolog in the very same directory, type some text
into its text editor and then try to save it to a not-yet-existing disk
file, I get a message saying "File Not Found", followed by whatever file
name I gave it. If the file already exists, there is no problem.

Cam anyone help me get this problem sorted put?

I am running dosemu-1.1.99.1 on gentoo linux 2.4.20.

I haven't logged very many hours in dosemu, so even the smallest clue
will be greatky appreciated. :)

Thank you.

Bill