* Bug #152548: docs about reiserfsprogs is confused
@ 2004-01-07  6:36 Domenico Andreoli
From: Domenico Andreoli @ 2004-01-07  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list; +Cc: 152548

what? another bug from debian? ehm... yes... :)

this is the last of the known ones, i'd like to make the package as clean
as possible, next release of debian distribution doesn't look too far
(BTW, any chance to have 3.6.12 soon?).

thanks for your contribute to the debian project.

cheers
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
  --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
    ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50

* Re: Bug #152548: docs about reiserfsprogs is confused
@ 2004-01-07 12:13 ` Vitaly Fertman
From: Vitaly Fertman @ 2004-01-07 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Domenico Andreoli, reiserfs-list; +Cc: 152548

> > this is the last of the known ones, i'd like to make the package as clean
> > as possible, next release of debian distribution doesn't look too far
> > (BTW, any chance to have 3.6.12 soon?).

yes, I think in a week or so.

> > thanks for your contribute to the debian project.
> >
> > cheers
> > domenico
>
> Package: reiserfsprogs
> Version: 3.x.1b-1
> Severity: normal

this is very old version, you should try the latest -- 3.6.11.

> Man reiserfsck mentions
>
>        2. Run reiserfsck --check --logfile check.log /dev/hda1. If
> reiserfsck --check exits with status 0 it  means
>        no errors were discovered.
>
> and then says
>
> TODO
>        Faster recovering, signal handling, i/o error handling,
> return reasonable exit codes, etc.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> With -fy, exit status 0 is reported if filesystem is not found on
> specified disk. That seems like a bug.

As was mentioned in the man page exit codes were not always
correct in that version, but it is already fixed in last versions.

I have also checked the exit code of
	reiserfsck --check /dev/hda1
from 3.x.1b where /dev/hda1 was not the reiserfs. SuperBlock was
not found and it was aboted -- 134 was returned.

Would you try it all again with 3.6.11 and email me about the results?

Vitaly Fertman