* Re: Problems with AMD Athlon XP mobile, ALi 1533 Chipset, ATI IGP 320M Northbridge?
@ 2004-01-16 20:50 Lukas Schrangl
       [not found] ` <25593.1074286212-WTkpkIMATaBmcu3hnIyYJQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Lukas Schrangl @ 2004-01-16 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

I will send my dmidecode- output as soon as possible (rem: from other sites
I know that my laptop is very similar to the eMachines - e.g. the same bios-
updates work with both).

I decided to send my request to acpi-devel, because after some research I
found out that there are P- States in my SSDT and cpufreq and powernow-k7 do
not work.

I really wonder why acpi doesn't work either although the acpi- tables seem
to be correct.

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail

http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn

@ 2004-01-16 22:41   ` Dominik Brodowski
From: Dominik Brodowski @ 2004-01-16 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lukas Schrangl; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 09:50:12PM +0100, Lukas Schrangl wrote:
> I will send my dmidecode- output as soon as possible (rem: from other sites
> I know that my laptop is very similar to the eMachines - e.g. the same bios-
> updates work with both).
>
> I decided to send my request to acpi-devel, because after some research I
> found out that there are P- States in my SSDT and cpufreq and powernow-k7 do
> not work.
>
> I really wonder why acpi doesn't work either although the acpi- tables seem
> to be correct.

Probably because the P-States mentioned in the SSDT use the "FFixedHW"
resource type, and the ACPI processor module cannot know what this means in
real life. However, the info in the SSDT/DSDT can and will be used by the
powernow-k7 module in future.

	Dominik

* Re: Problems with AMD Athlon XP mobile, ALi 1533 Chipset, ATI IGP 320M Northbridge?
       [not found] ` <2013.1074246194-SmM8uE6Itj7k1uMJSBkQmQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2004-01-16  9:56   ` Dominik Brodowski
From: Dominik Brodowski @ 2004-01-16  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lukas Schrangl; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 10:43:14AM +0100, Lukas Schrangl wrote:
> When loading the powernow-k7 module I get the message:
> 43 PST Tables found ...
> No PST Table that maches this CPUID
> or something the like
> (cpufreq also doesn't work)

1.) Have you taken a look at
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/projects/cpufreq/powernow-k7.shtml
yet? dmidecode can be found, for example, here:
http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/utils/

2.) the ACPI usage mentioned on that page is currently under development.
For details, check out this thread:
http://www.linux.org.uk/mailman/private/cpufreq/2004-January/003023.html

	Dominik

* Re: Problems with AMD Athlon XP mobile, ALi 1533 Chipset, ATI IGP 320M Northbridge?
@ 2004-01-16  9:43 Lukas Schrangl
       [not found] ` <2013.1074246194-SmM8uE6Itj7k1uMJSBkQmQ@public.gmane.org>

From: Dominik Brodowski @ 2004-01-16  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lukas Schrangl; +Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

@ 2004-01-16  7:00 Lukas Schrangl
       [not found] ` <14820.1074236418-SmM8uE6Itj7k1uMJSBkQmQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Lukas Schrangl @ 2004-01-16  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi!

A second question: Has anyone had problems concerning P- States /
Powermanagement with one of these (or a combination of these) components:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ mobile CPU
ALi 1533 Chipset
ATI IGP 320M Northbridge

Or does anybody have them and it (performance- control) works fine?

Lukas

http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn