* Re: [linux-audio-user] RME Cardbus + multiface
       [not found]         ` <1074529472.524.5.camel@tpdrh.niptron.com>
@ 2004-01-19 18:05           ` Tim Blechmann
From: Tim Blechmann @ 2004-01-19 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel, Paul Davis, Thomas Charbonnel

hi all,

i just got an email from someone who experienced a problem similar to
mine:

> It sounds just like the problem I had. I even sent my laptop and card
> to Paul for toubleshooting. It turned out to be a problem with the
> firmware version. The card I had used a newer version.
i heard that you have to downdate the firmware in order to get the hdsp
working ... i did that (with the downdating software provided on rme's
homepage) ... maybe i missed something and i should try that, again ...

> The main cause of the distoriton was determined to be in the mixer
> section. I dont remember exactly what it was, but Paul might.
paul?

> Mine would work ok if I ran it with a sample rate of 32k. Maybe try
> that and see what happens. But eventually, I would guess the driver
> will need some updates to handle the situation.
i've don't know how to program a device driver ... but if someone could
tell me where the problem might come from, i could try to solve the
problems

cheers ...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann@gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,

http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-01-19 18:05 UTC | newest]