* ip_conntrack_ftp.c kernel source more ports
@ 2004-01-20  7:38 HakRz1
From: HakRz1 @ 2004-01-20  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hello,
    im trying to make a big security flaw in my network but i want to try
anyways ...what im trying to do is make ip_conntrack_ftp monitor all non
standard ports instead of defualt 21
 i know ip_conntrack_ftp.h is where it gets port 21 defined
is there anyway to make it monitor all FTP ports without typing in all ports
manually

i know alot of you dont like this idea but the way i figure it is to get
Active FTP to work on non standard ports ( or even using pasv) you cant
close the firewall can only close ports 1-1080 for pasv to work
if i can get this module to work with all ports then i can enable
established and related  connections only...sounds secure to me more so than
before with ports 1-1080 :)

Hope somone can help me with this

also i already know about modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp ports=...etc but this is
a hassle to do

im running kernel 2.6.0 / iptables v1.2.8 / slackware 9.1

Thanks

* Re: ip_conntrack_ftp.c kernel source more ports
@ 2004-01-21 14:19 ` Harald Welte
From: Harald Welte @ 2004-01-21 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: HakRz1; +Cc: netfilter-devel