* [Qemu-devel] benchmarks
@ 2004-02-20  8:34 Tom Musgrove
From: Tom Musgrove @ 2004-02-20  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

If you plan to update your benchmarks, I thought it might be nice to compare
to our commercial competetion on linux (and possibly other OSes).

Here is the download page for VMWare both Linux and Windows Versions

http://www.vmware.com/download/workstation.html

Here is the download page for twoOStwo both Linux and Windows Versions

http://www.twoostwo.org/

Here is the download page for Win4Lin - Linux Only?

http://www.netraverse.com/support/downloads/index.php

Here is the download page for VirtualPC - Windows Only?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/virtualpc/downloads/trial.asp

Tom M

Watch high-quality video with fast playback at MSN Video. Free!

* Re: [Qemu-devel] benchmarks
@ 2004-02-20 12:09 ` Gabriel Ebner
From: Gabriel Ebner @ 2004-02-20 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello,

Am Fre, den 20.02.2004 schrieb Tom Musgrove um 09:34:
> If you plan to update your benchmarks, I thought it might be nice to compare
> to our commercial competetion on linux (and possibly other OSes).

Don't forget bochs. (I know its not commercial, but its AFAIK the only
viable free alternative to qemu)

	Gabriel.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] benchmarks
@ 2004-02-28  0:56   ` James Boddington
From: James Boddington @ 2004-02-28  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:09 pm, Gabriel Ebner wrote:
> Don't forget bochs. (I know its not commercial, but its AFAIK the only
> viable free alternative to qemu)

I have been playing a little bit with timing something representative of
what I have been doing. For this I timed building bash. This involved
fetching from a ftp server, unpacking, configure, build and install.

native on an athlon xp1600 1 minute 40 seconds
uml (2.4.24) in tt mode      just over 13 minutes
in a qemu (not qemu-fast) virtual machine 30 minutes
bochs took 118 minutes

These are recent cvs snapshots for both qemu and bochs. Used the default
compile flags.

--

   James