* amd64 anyone?
@ 2004-02-28 10:12 Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2004-02-28 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel, jackit-devel

Hi,

has anyone on this list ALSA, JACK or RME's hdsp running on an AMD 64?
Are there any problems known about the x86 "port" regarding audio?

--
Orm

* Re: amd64 anyone?
@ 2004-02-28 13:34 ` Tim Blechmann
From: Tim Blechmann @ 2004-02-28 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

> has anyone on this list ALSA, JACK or RME's hdsp running on an AMD 64?
> Are there any problems known about the x86 "port" regarding audio?
i don't have anythink like that running, but i consider getting an amd64
notebook for the same setup myself ...

do you know, how the floating point performance is compared to the p4?

afaik, the only notebooks equipped with the amd 64 are acer aspire
notebooks and at least on my acer aspire (1400) that is equipped with an
o2micro cardbus-to-pci bridge, i haven't been able to get my hdsp
running at all ... so if you get such a notebook, make sure you can
return it, if it won't work...

take care...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann@gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,

--

@ 2004-02-28 17:55   ` Gabriel Ebner
       [not found]     ` <20040303201741.35fabc4f@laptop>
From: Gabriel Ebner @ 2004-02-28 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello,

Am Samstag, 28. Februar 2004 14:34 schrieb Tim Blechmann: // he wrote:
> afaik, the only notebooks equipped with the amd 64 are acer aspire

I ordered my Xeron Sonic Pro 800MX today.  :-)
Fortunately it's also equipped with an AMD64, a mobile Athlon 64 3000+ to be
exact.  It's the one that's described on http://tuxmobil.org/ .

	Gabriel.

* Re: amd64 anyone?
@ 2004-02-28 21:45   ` Jussi Laako
From: Jussi Laako @ 2004-02-28 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Blechmann; +Cc: alsa-devel

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 15:34, Tim Blechmann wrote:

> do you know, how the floating point performance is compared to the p4?

I've been working with dual-Opteron machine.

Faster than P4, as Athlons. But as P4, needs use of SSE/E3DNow to really
get some juice out of it.

--
Jussi Laako <jussi.laako@pp.inet.fi>

* Re: amd64 anyone?
       [not found]     ` <20040303201741.35fabc4f@laptop>
@ 2004-03-03 21:31       ` Gabriel Ebner
From: Gabriel Ebner @ 2004-03-03 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 3. März 2004 20:17 schrieb Tim Blechmann:
> are you planing to use this machine with a hdsp?

I'm afraid not, but I'd kindly test it for you if you sent me a hdsp (cardbus
iface, this is a laptop).

	Gabriel.

administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id\x1470&alloc_id638&op=click

* Re: amd64 anyone?
@ 2004-03-06 17:52         ` Tim Blechmann
From: Tim Blechmann @ 2004-03-06 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

> Am Mittwoch, 3. März 2004 20:17 schrieb Tim Blechmann:
> > are you planing to use this machine with a hdsp?
>
> I'm afraid not, but I'd kindly test it for you if you sent me a hdsp
> (cardbus iface, this is a laptop).
would it be possible that you send me the lspci -vvv output? i'd like to
check which cardbus-to-pci bridge they used ...

thanks...

@ 2004-03-06 18:50           ` Gabriel Ebner
From: Gabriel Ebner @ 2004-03-06 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello,

Am Samstag, 6. März 2004 18:52 schrieb Tim Blechmann:
> would it be possible that you send me the lspci -vvv output? i'd like to
> check which cardbus-to-pci bridge they used ...
I should have mentioned that the laptop is still on the way to me...

But maybe tuxmobil.org can help you:
00:09.0 CardBus bridge: ENE Technology Inc: Unknown device 1411 (rev 01)

Sorry,