* Routing Performance Comparison between 2.4 and 2.6 kernel
@ 2004-09-10 23:17 Song Wang
From: Song Wang @ 2004-09-10 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: linux-mips

Hi,

I'm looking for the network packet routing
performance comparison between the latest 2.4
and 2.6 kernel.

I did some initial testing on my mips-based router.
2.6 kernel performed way below 2.4 kernel. It sucks.
Turning on preemption on 2.6 kernel even makes
routing performance worse.

Anybody did a comprehensive study on the routing
performance for 2.6 and 2.4 kernel?

Thanks.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool

* Re: Routing Performance Comparison between 2.4 and 2.6 kernel
@ 2004-09-10 23:35 ` David S. Miller
From: David S. Miller @ 2004-09-10 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Song Wang; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-mips

You might reach a more knowledgable and interested
audience at netdev@oss.sgi.com which is where the
networking developers are subscribed.