* support for revision C of the mcpn765?
@ 2004-09-17 22:21 Chris Friesen
From: Chris Friesen @ 2004-09-17 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

We've got revision C of the mcpn765 from Motorola.  The main difference appears
to be that it uses the 82c686 chip rather than the 586, requiring some extra
checking in mcpn765_init2().

Is there a patch already out there, or should I send one in?

Chris

* Re: support for revision C of the mcpn765?
@ 2004-09-21 23:15 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2004-09-21 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Friesen; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 04:21:23PM -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:

> We've got revision C of the mcpn765 from Motorola.  The main difference
> appears to be that it uses the 82c686 chip rather than the 586, requiring
> some extra checking in mcpn765_init2().
>
> Is there a patch already out there, or should I send one in?

Please post a patch vs a current 2.6 (and if you haven't already, read
Documentation/SubmittingPatches and read the Developer's Certificate of
Origin).  Thanks.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/