* 2.6.9-rc2-mm2 vs cachefs
@ 2004-09-23  3:08 Gene Heskett
From: Gene Heskett @ 2004-09-23  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Greetings;

I just now rebooted to 2.6.9-rc2-mm2 after making an unrelated
adjustment to my modprobe.conf, trying to get the pl2303 module to
autoload on boot.  That didn't work either, but I can modprobe it in
by hand and that seems to do it.

But as it was rebooting, I saw this go by in my dmesg:

CacheFS: Wrong magic number on cache

and there appears to be no further references to it.

I don't recall seeing that msg before now, and it has been turned on
in the kernels I'm building for quite a while.  I probably haven't
properly init'd it or something equally dumb as I don't think there
is a line in my /etc/fstab for it.  So what should that line look
like from a copy/paste from somebody elses /etc/fstab that has it
working?

Humm, I just read Documentation/cachefs.txt, and I see it wasn't what
I had in mind from the description at all.  And rather than try and
setup all that, I think I might take it back out of the kernel here
unless someone can show a good example of how to use it, to take the
pressure off of /swap for instance.  Or could it even be made to do
that?

TIA

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-23  3:08 UTC | newest]