* Detecting CDROM Eject key press
@ 2004-10-06 12:40 Vedran Rodic
From: Vedran Rodic @ 2004-10-06 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ide

Hello

Can I detect that CDROM Eject key has been pressed when the cdrom is
mounted and the CDROM door is locked?

This, together with kernel notifying me of CDROM status changes (cdrom
has media, cdrom is empty) would completely solve the cdrom automount
issues.

Userspace program then could detect that the eject key has been pressed,
close files on the media, and do a clean unmount.

Thanks

Vedran Rodic

* Re: Detecting CDROM Eject key press
@ 2004-10-11 10:08 ` Vedran Rodic
From: Vedran Rodic @ 2004-10-11 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ide

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:40:02 +0200, Vedran Rodic wrote:

> Can I detect that CDROM Eject key has been pressed when the cdrom is
> mounted and the CDROM door is locked?

I guess this is impossible, and the only way to make the eject key react
every time is by disabling door locking.

Vedran

* Re: Detecting CDROM Eject key press
@ 2004-10-11 10:54   ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2004-10-11 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vedran Rodic; +Cc: linux-ide

On Mon, Oct 11 2004, Vedran Rodic wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:40:02 +0200, Vedran Rodic wrote:
>
> > Can I detect that CDROM Eject key has been pressed when the cdrom is
> > mounted and the CDROM door is locked?
> >

> I guess this is impossible, and the only way to make the eject key react
> every time is by disabling door locking.

Yes. If the door is locked, you don't get any notifications.

--
Jens Axboe