* [U-Boot-Users] help>8260 linux booting
@ 2004-10-12  0:56 ???
From: ??? @ 2004-10-12  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

sorry,,,  this time  plain text

i  ported uboot-1.0.0 with success on my board , it works fine ( i think )

i can download kernel image and no problem with mtest

but when i enter "bootm"

"Uncompressing  kernel...OK" and no more message

 but  i tested it with a reference board , uboot-1.0.0 and kernel 2.4.4 from (www.denx.de)

 on reference board it wokrs find  ( i searched mailing-list and found  "Uncompress...."  problem because of HZ issue or bd_t type error

i think that is not my case )

 i have no reference board circuit but i tried to designe  my board with same momery ( type and
size)  , just  they differs in  CPU version
( reference is A.1 1K22A-XC , my board is C.2 6K23A   could it cause a problem ? )

i use  the same uboot in both boards

 i have no idea what is wrong ?  SW or HW ?

 give me some ideas or hints

 thanks in advance

* [U-Boot-Users] help>8260 linux booting
@ 2004-10-12  6:47 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2004-10-12  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In message <LHEBICGNDKIKOGCOHNBEIEGGCCAA.hkkim@sanesys.com> you wrote:
> c29ycnksLCwgIHRoaXMgdGltZSAgcGxhaW4gdGV4dCANCg0KDQppICBwb3J0ZWQgdWJvb3QtMS4w
> LjAgd2l0aCBzdWNjZXNzIG9uIG15IGJvYXJkICwgaXQgd29ya3MgZmluZSAoIGkgdGhpbmsgKQ0K
> DQppIGNhbiBkb3dubG9hZCBrZXJuZWwgaW1hZ2UgYW5kIG5vIHByb2JsZW0gd2l0aCBtdGVzdA0K
> DQpidXQgd2hlbiBpIGVudGVyICJib290bSINCg0KIlVuY29tcHJlc3NpbmcgIGtlcm5lbC4uLk9L
> IiBhbmQgbm8gbW9yZSBtZXNzYWdlDQoNCiBidXQgIGkgdGVzdGVkIGl0IHdpdGggYSByZWZlcmVu
> Y2UgYm9hcmQgLCB1Ym9vdC0xLjAuMCBhbmQga2VybmVsIDIuNC40IGZyb20gKHd3dy5kZW54LmRl
> KQ0KDQogb24gcmVmZXJlbmNlIGJvYXJkIGl0IHdva3JzIGZpbmQgICggaSBzZWFyY2hlZCBtYWls
> aW5nLWxpc3QgYW5kIGZvdW5kICAiVW5jb21wcmVzcy4uLi4iICBwcm9ibGVtIGJlY2F1c2Ugb2Yg
> SFogaXNzdWUgb3IgYmRfdCB0eXBlIGVycm9yDQoNCmkgdGhpbmsgdGhhdCBpcyBub3QgbXkgY2Fz
> ZSApDQoNCg0KIGkgaGF2ZSBubyByZWZlcmVuY2UgYm9hcmQgY2lyY3VpdCBidXQgaSB0cmllZCB0
> byBkZXNpZ25lICBteSBib2FyZCB3aXRoIHNhbWUgbW9tZXJ5ICggdHlwZSBhbmQNCnNpemUpICAs
> IGp1c3QgIHRoZXkgZGlmZmVycyBpbiAgQ1BVIHZlcnNpb24gDQooIHJlZmVyZW5jZSBpcyBBLjEg
> MUsyMkEtWEMgLCBteSBib2FyZCBpcyBDLjIgNksyM0EgICBjb3VsZCBpdCBjYXVzZSBhIHByb2Js
> ZW0gPyApDQoNCmkgdXNlICB0aGUgc2FtZSB1Ym9vdCBpbiBib3RoIGJvYXJkcw0KDQoNCiBpIGhh
> dmUgbm8gaWRlYSB3aGF0IGlzIHdyb25nID8gIFNXIG9yIEhXID8gDQoNCiBnaXZlIG1lIHNvbWUg
> aWRlYXMgb3IgaGludHMNCg0KIHRoYW5rcyBpbiBhZHZhbmNlIA==

Please do not send base 64 encoded messages.

Please send plain text only.

Message unreadable, ignored. Sorry.

Please STOP sending base64 encoded messages to  the  list.  Fix  your
mailer setup BEFORE posting again.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
There's an old proverb that says just about whatever you want it to.