* [Bluez-users] Packages to Use For Zaurus SL-6000L
@ 2004-10-16  6:50 Murat Bog
From: Murat Bog @ 2004-10-16  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hello,

I am wondering which combination of Bluez packages I
should be installing on a Zaurus 6000L with factory
configuration(2.4.18-rml7-pxa3-embedix with ROM
version 1.12) to work with an AmbiCom BT2000CF card.

The latest set of packages do not seem to be working
together.  When I install bluez-utils-2.10_arm.ipk, it
reports a dependency error when used with
bluez-kernel-2.4.18-mh15_arm.ipk and
bluez-libs-2.10_arm.ipk.

I also see that when I run "/etc/rc.d/init.d/bluetooth
start" command, I get the following message:

"Starting Bluetooth subsystem:/usr/sbin/hcid: error
while loading shared libraries: libsdp.so.2: cannot
load shared object file: No such file or directory"

Thanks,

Murat Bog

* Re: [Bluez-users] Packages to Use For Zaurus SL-6000L
@ 2004-10-16 11:55 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2004-10-16 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Murat,

> I am wondering which combination of Bluez packages I
> should be installing on a Zaurus 6000L with factory
> configuration(2.4.18-rml7-pxa3-embedix with ROM
> version 1.12) to work with an AmbiCom BT2000CF card.
>
> The latest set of packages do not seem to be working
> together.  When I install bluez-utils-2.10_arm.ipk, it
> reports a dependency error when used with
> bluez-kernel-2.4.18-mh15_arm.ipk and
> bluez-libs-2.10_arm.ipk.
>
> I also see that when I run "/etc/rc.d/init.d/bluetooth
> start" command, I get the following message:
>
> "Starting Bluetooth subsystem:/usr/sbin/hcid: error
> while loading shared libraries: libsdp.so.2: cannot
> load shared object file: No such file or directory"

you need an updated kernel, because the Bluetooth support of the 2.4.18
kernel is outdated. However I don't own a Zaurus and I have no idea how
to fix this the right way.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-users] Packages to Use For Zaurus SL-6000L
@ 2004-10-18  9:21 ` Stephen Crane
From: Stephen Crane @ 2004-10-18  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: murat_bog; +Cc: bluez-users

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 07:50, Murat Bog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering which combination of Bluez packages I
> should be installing on a Zaurus 6000L with factory
> configuration(2.4.18-rml7-pxa3-embedix with ROM
> version 1.12) to work with an AmbiCom BT2000CF card.
>
> The latest set of packages do not seem to be working
> together.  When I install bluez-utils-2.10_arm.ipk, it
> reports a dependency error when used with
> bluez-kernel-2.4.18-mh15_arm.ipk and
> bluez-libs-2.10_arm.ipk.
>
> I also see that when I run "/etc/rc.d/init.d/bluetooth
> start" command, I get the following message:
>
> "Starting Bluetooth subsystem:/usr/sbin/hcid: error
> while loading shared libraries: libsdp.so.2: cannot
> load shared object file: No such file or directory"

Pretty much all you need to know is described here:
http://bluez.sourceforge.net/download/zaurus/README.txt

Regards,
Steve
--
Stephen Crane, Rococo Software Ltd. http://www.rococosoft.com
steve.crane@rococosoft.com +353-1-6601315 (ext 209)

* Re: [Bluez-users] Packages to Use For Zaurus SL-6000L
@ 2004-10-18 19:29   ` Murat Bog
From: Murat Bog @ 2004-10-18 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Crane; +Cc: bluez-users

Thanks for the reply.

Before I sent my query, I had tried using the
following combination of packages specified in your
readme file:

bluez-kernel-2.4.18-mh14_arm.ipk
bluez-libs-2.8_arm.ipk
bluez-utils-2.8_arm.ipk

They had installed without errors.  I initially got
the following message when I started the bluetooth
services

Starting Bluetooth subsystem: hcid sdpdCan't open
RFCOMM control socket: No such file or directory
 rfcomm.

It looked like the rfcomm bluez modules were not
installed by the kernel, so I did

insmod l2cap
insmod rfcomm
depmod -a

and restarted bluetooth successfully.

Next, I ran

hciattach /dev/ttyS3 bt2000c

which also  executed successfully and returned the
following response

CSR build ID 0x02-0x0D

The problem is when I tried running hciconfig after
this, I got

hci0:   Type: UART
        BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 0:0
SCO MTU: 0:0
        DOWN INIT RUNNING
        RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
        TX bytes:4 acl:0 sco:0 commands:1 errors:0

but after a short while the status changed to just
"DOWN".

If I tried to reset or bring up hci0 at this point, I
got the following error.

Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)

I don't know if I'm missing something basic but I had
thought that perhaps there was a driver issue which
may have been fixed in the later versions of the bluez
packages under the zaurus download directory.

Regards,
Murat

@ 2004-10-19  9:08     ` Stephen Crane
From: Stephen Crane @ 2004-10-19  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: murat_bog; +Cc: bluez-users

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 20:29, Murat Bog wrote:
> Before I sent my query, I had tried using the
> following combination of packages specified in your
> readme file:
>
> bluez-kernel-2.4.18-mh14_arm.ipk
> bluez-libs-2.8_arm.ipk
> bluez-utils-2.8_arm.ipk
>
> They had installed without errors.  I initially got
> the following message when I started the bluetooth
> services
>
> Starting Bluetooth subsystem: hcid sdpdCan't open
> RFCOMM control socket: No such file or directory
>  rfcomm.

You need to edit modules.conf:

alias net-pf-31 bluez
alias bt-proto-0 l2cap
alias bt-proto-1 hci
alias bt-proto-2 sco
alias bt-proto-3 rfcomm
alias bt-proto-4 bnep

> It looked like the rfcomm bluez modules were not
> installed by the kernel, so I did
>
> insmod l2cap
> insmod rfcomm
> depmod -a
>
> and restarted bluetooth successfully.
>
> Next, I ran
>
> hciattach /dev/ttyS3 bt2000c
>
> which also  executed successfully and returned the
> following response
>
> CSR build ID 0x02-0x0D
>
> The problem is when I tried running hciconfig after
> this, I got
>
> hci0:   Type: UART
>         BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 0:0
> SCO MTU: 0:0
>         DOWN INIT RUNNING
>         RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
>         TX bytes:4 acl:0 sco:0 commands:1 errors:0
>
> but after a short while the status changed to just
> "DOWN".
>
> If I tried to reset or bring up hci0 at this point, I
> got the following error.
>
> Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)
>
> I don't know if I'm missing something basic but I had
> thought that perhaps there was a driver issue which
> may have been fixed in the later versions of the bluez
> packages under the zaurus download directory.

This does indeed look like a driver issue. Try installing the -mh15
package; however I don't know if it will help or not.

> Regards,
> Murat

Steve
--

@ 2004-10-19 16:38       ` Murat Bog
From: Murat Bog @ 2004-10-19 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Crane; +Cc: bluez-users

Well, good news :).

I tried using dmesg to see if I can get any more clues
to my problem.  I saw some errors about unknown H4 (?)
protocol, which reminded me of a message I had seen in
the archive about using the flow control option.  So I
tried hciattach with the flow control option specified
and the interface came up!

Thanks for the patient help,