* last call for 4-level-pagetable patches
@ 2004-11-09 20:29 Andrew Morton
From: Andrew Morton @ 2004-11-09 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arch; +Cc: Jeff Dike, Paolo Giarrusso

I'd like to merge these up in the next few days.

UML might need some work?

* Re: last call for 4-level-pagetable patches
@ 2004-11-09 22:25 ` Paolo Giarrusso
From: Paolo Giarrusso @ 2004-11-09 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton; +Cc: linux-arch, Jeff Dike

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 21:29, Andrew Morton wrote:
> I'd like to merge these up in the next few days.

> UML might need some work?
Not "some work", but a lot of that. UML is currently two levels. There is a
patch from Jeff to make it three-levels, but I want it very mainline
reviewed.

The ghash replacing had at least two trivial type errors, which become
warnings.

Yes, that code is a yet unused hook, in the very moment, so it's not critical
stuff (in fact even before noticing that, UML got 0 stability problem from
the patch) but getting things reviewed by VM hackers would be nice.
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade
Linux registered user n. 292729

* Re: last call for 4-level-pagetable patches
@ 2004-11-09 22:42   ` Andrew Morton
From: Andrew Morton @ 2004-11-09 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Giarrusso; +Cc: linux-arch, jdike

Paolo Giarrusso <blaisorblade_personal@yahoo.it> wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 November 2004 21:29, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > I'd like to merge these up in the next few days.
>
> > UML might need some work?
> Not "some work", but a lot of that. UML is currently two levels. There is a
> patch from Jeff to make it three-levels, but I want it very mainline
> reviewed.

I don't fully understand.  Would a merge of the 4-level patches cause UML a
lot of problems?  Or are you confident that we can get things patched up
fairly promptly?

* Re: last call for 4-level-pagetable patches
@ 2004-11-10  1:05 ` Jeff Dike
From: Jeff Dike @ 2004-11-10  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton; +Cc: linux-arch, Paolo Giarrusso

akpm@osdl.org said:
> UML might need some work?

Working on it, not a big deal.

It would be a bigger deal to have 4 working levels of page tables, but folding
pml4 is not hard.

				Jeff