* ub vs. usb-storage
@ 2004-11-09 11:50 Nigel Kukard
From: Nigel Kukard @ 2004-11-09 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

Using kernel 2.6.9 bk7 and the UB driver for mass-storage I seem to see
spikes on the load-avg of over 700. There is also times of extreme
responsiveness deficiency.

Using the usb_storage driver seems to fix the problem. Is UB only meant
  for low performance situations?

-Nigel

* Re: ub vs. usb-storage
@ 2004-11-09 16:27 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2004-11-09 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nigel Kukard; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 11:50:20AM +0000, Nigel Kukard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using kernel 2.6.9 bk7 and the UB driver for mass-storage I seem to see
> spikes on the load-avg of over 700. There is also times of extreme
> responsiveness deficiency.
>
> Using the usb_storage driver seems to fix the problem. Is UB only meant
>  for low performance situations?

For now, yes.

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: ub vs. usb-storage
       [not found] <mailman.1100001301.9189.linux-kernel2news@redhat.com>
@ 2004-11-10 23:22 ` Pete Zaitcev
From: Pete Zaitcev @ 2004-11-10 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nigel Kukard; +Cc: zaitcev, linux-kernel

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:50:20 +0000, Nigel Kukard <nkukard@lbsd.net> wrote:

> Using kernel 2.6.9 bk7 and the UB driver for mass-storage I seem to see
> spikes on the load-avg of over 700. There is also times of extreme
> responsiveness deficiency.

This sounds curious. I'd like to hear more about it. Is there anything
interesting in dmesg?

-- Pete