* [U-Boot-Users] how to run u-boot?
@ 2004-11-09 14:46 Pradip Singh
From: Pradip Singh @ 2004-11-09 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

     I have bult the bootloader using arm-unknwon-linux-gnu-gcc. gcc version is 3.4.2 and glibc version is 2.3.3. The toolchain was built by using crosstool-0.28-rc37. I am building the bootloader for armv5te architecture. I have the processor arm1022e. Now when i am trying to run the bootloader for integratorap board it is giving a runtime error :

    undefined instruction.

Anybody can throw some light on this problem. I am not able to get any clue what is this problem?

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Pradip

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [U-Boot-Users] how to run u-boot?
@ 2004-11-09 20:18 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2004-11-09 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In message <20041109144615.78649.qmail@web8508.mail.in.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>  Now when i am trying to run the bootloader for integratorap board it is giving a runtime error :
>
>     undefined instruction.

Seems your toolchain is broken, or you're doing something else wrong.

One major error is obvious: you cannot run U-Boot  under  some  other
boot  loader. U-Boot is a bootloader itself and must be started fresh
out of reset, without anybody else meddeling with the configuration.

> --0-870473595-1100011575=:76850
>
> <DIV>Hi all,</DIV>

And never, I mean NEVER ever post HTML to list list. NEVER!!!!

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

--
See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
On the system *I* administrate, vi is symlinked to ed. Emacs has been
replaced by a script which 1) Generates a  syslog  message  at  level
LOG_EMERG; 2) reduces the user's disk quota by 100K; and  3) RUNS ED!