From: Oded Shimon <ods15@ods15.dyndns.org>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: RivaFB on Geforce FX 5200
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 22:32:24 +0200	[thread overview]

On Tuesday 09 November 2004 22:11, Janusz Dziemidowicz wrote:
> I assume You are trying to use rivafb with nvidia binary drivers? If
> that's the case, then here's an excerpt from NVIDIA README file:
Nope, during all my rivafb "development", X was either off or on using module
'nv', which so far is co-operating very well with rivafb.

When I first had trouble modprobing rivafb, and it wasn't finding the device,
I figured it was cause of "nvidia".. later realized it was because of
"vesafb", oh well....

Anyway, I got rivafb to actually work pretty well, most of the problems were
solved with a small modification made from the X nv source, and now only
these problems are left:

1. When switching from X back to console, there's still the ugly X cache
visible, to fix all what is needed is a ^L or switch to tty2 and back (ie,
"refresh" the screen)... not a serious issue, but a little annoying.
2. Still no boot up penguin. :(   Strangely, the black bar where its supposed
to be still exist... I'm clueless.

Since those are the only 2 problems left, I am now preparing a patch to send
here... stay tuned...

- ods15