* Error compiling 40x ppc kernels (walnut)
@ 2004-12-16 10:33 Nico Schottelius
From: Nico Schottelius @ 2004-12-16 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Good morning!

I am trying to build a 40x / Walnut Linux (only for testing), but
the compile process always breaks:

1. walnut build with ibm emac network card enabled
2. walnut build without ibm emac network card enabled

I am currently using

make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-uclibc-

on my x86 machine as my ibook is currently at home.

Do you know why those errors occur and can you help me fix them?

The config and the two error messages can be found at
http://schotteli.us/~nico/ppc/walnut/.

Nico

P.S.:
I'll try to work through the Oak problem the next weeks, if I have
some free time (Gerhard Jaeger sent me some tips howto fix it).

--
Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
Please use pgp encryption: 8D0E 27A4 is my id.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 827 bytes --]

* Re: Error compiling 40x ppc kernels (walnut)
@ 2004-12-16 12:18 ` Gerhard Jaeger
From: Gerhard Jaeger @ 2004-12-16 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nico Schottelius; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

Hi,

On Thursday 16 December 2004 11:33, Nico Schottelius wrote:
>I am trying to build a 40x / Walnut Linux (only for testing), but
>the compile process always breaks:
>
>1. walnut build with ibm emac network card enabled
>2. walnut build without ibm emac network card enabled
>
>I am currently using
>
>make ARCH=3Dppc CROSS_COMPILE=3Dpowerpc-linux-uclibc-
>
>on my x86 machine as my ibook is currently at home.
>Do you know why those errors occur and can you help me fix them?

from what I see from your config file, you have enabled a lot of stuff,
I'm pretty sure which won't build correctly for the walnut.
I.e. the whole framebuffer stuff is not needed - switch it off.
(This is also your problem here!)
I suggest to go through all of your configuration and disable all of
the stuff, which you do not really need:
- frame-buffer
- usb
- all of the crypto stuff
- IPv6
=2E
=2E
=2E

Set at least only processor, platform and serial console support on
(and of course correctly) then try again. Never start with a full=20
or overloaded config set ;)

Ciao,
Gerhard

--=20
Gerhard Jaeger                             g.jaeger@sysgo.com
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software
www.sysgo.com | www.elinos.com | www.osek.de | www.imerva.com

* Re: Error compiling 40x ppc kernels (walnut)
@ 2004-12-16 13:40   ` Nico Schottelius
From: Nico Schottelius @ 2004-12-16 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev