* Problem with ethernet/sound with IOMMU enabled on M5A99FX pro r2.0 motherboard
@ 2013-03-05 19:10 JapHack
       [not found] ` <1362510652.3171.YahooMailClassic-s6rE+/zRgQruQS8rMknbopOW+3bF1jUfVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: JapHack @ 2013-03-05 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iommu-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA

I recently bought this board as I wanted to start doing pci passthrough emulation.

I noticed that after I had installed it and booted up, with IOMMU enabled
the network would work fine for a while then I would get an AMD-Vi IO page fault
and the driver would crash.
IF I turn off IOMMU there is no problem with using ethernet,

The onboard ethernet chip is a RTL8111F/8168F.
For now I've turned off the network adapter in the bios and am using an add on card.

Then I noticed that I could not use the onboard audio with oss (4.2.2007) with IOMMU
enabled. Alsa works ok, but I prefer to use oss. As with the ethernet card if I turn off
IOMMU in the bios the onboard audio is recognized and works fine.

Any clues or help would be appreciated
Thanks, Don

* Re: Problem with ethernet/sound with IOMMU enabled on M5A99FX pro r2.0 motherboard
       [not found] ` <1362510652.3171.YahooMailClassic-s6rE+/zRgQruQS8rMknbopOW+3bF1jUfVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-03-06 19:08   ` Donald Dutile
       [not found]     ` <498F3735-A671-4FEA-A612-4BACF08DCE15@amd.com>
From: Donald Dutile @ 2013-03-06 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JapHack; +Cc: iommu-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA

Probably a missing IVMD block for the sound device.

The ethernet device issue could be a driver issue --
DMA write to a page that was mapped for read-only.
Providing the IO page fault message would help to
diagnose further.

- DonD

       [not found]       ` <498F3735-A671-4FEA-A612-4BACF08DCE15-5C7GfCeVMHo@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-03-07 15:25         ` Suravee Suthikulanit
       [not found]           ` <5138B15E.6000302-5C7GfCeVMHo@public.gmane.org>
From: Suravee Suthikulanit @ 2013-03-07 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: japhack-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w
  Cc: iommu-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA

Would you please provide the kernel log and the dump of ACPI (from tools
like "acpidump")?  These should help debugging the issue.

Thank you,

Suravee

@ 2013-03-07 15:58             ` JapHack
From: JapHack @ 2013-03-07 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suravee Suthikulanit; +Cc: iommu-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA

acpi.dump http://pastebin.com/2wEYXykY
dmesg.dump http://pastebin.com/ugfpRjxc
lspci -nnk http://pastebin.com/W5HdqQia

I have the onboard ethernet shut off in the bios
but the soundcard is still not being seen with oss4,
if iommu is enabled in bios and iommu=pt is not entered in grub.

Thanks, Don

@ 2013-03-07 16:12             ` JapHack
From: JapHack @ 2013-03-07 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suravee Suthikulanit; +Cc: iommu-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA

This is in addition to what I just sent.
It is triggered off when I run soundon (loads the oss drivers) with IOMMU on and iommu=pt not enabled.

[   15.096281] AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT device=00:14.2 domain=0x000e address=0x000000009641f000 flags=0x0010]
[   15.096285] AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT device=00:14.2 domain=0x000e address=0x000000009641f000 flags=0x0010]
[   15.096373] oss_hdaudio: HDA codec 0x00000000 not known yet
[   15.096528] oss_hdaudio: HDA codec 0x00000000 not known yet
[   15.096583] oss_hdaudio: No hdaudio codecs were detected
[   15.096589] oss_hdaudio: probe of 0000:00:14.2 failed with error -5

Thanks for looking at this problem

       [not found] ` <mailman.31.1362571204.23913.iommu-cunTk1MwBs9QetFLy7KEm3xJsTq8ys+cHZ5vskTnxNA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2013-03-06 19:08   ` JapHack
From: JapHack @ 2013-03-06 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)