* PCH problems on sparc-linux
@ 2005-01-29 18:05 Christian Joensson
From: Christian Joensson @ 2005-01-29 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

As I have understood, there is perhaps a problem with the sparc linux
kernel related to problems with PCH in current gcc cvs trunk (since
april 2004 it seems...)

The thread at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-11/msg00225.html suggests
a "simple" fix... Daniel's
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-11/msg00241.html. Did that ever get
applied?

Furthermore, as suggested by David's
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-11/msg00232.html, it's more by chance
that PCH works on sparc... now, would that also somehow be fixable by
any idea that could be recorded here for example?

--
Cheers,

/ChJ

* Re: PCH problems on sparc-linux
@ 2005-01-31  2:03 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2005-01-31  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 07:05:16PM +0100, Christian Joensson wrote:
> As I have understood, there is perhaps a problem with the sparc linux
> kernel related to problems with PCH in current gcc cvs trunk (since
> april 2004 it seems...)
>
> The thread at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-11/msg00225.html suggests
> a "simple" fix... Daniel's
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-11/msg00241.html. Did that ever get
> applied?

No, because it was never written; I don't have the time to work on
sparc*-linux.  It should not be hard to do from the description.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: PCH problems on sparc-linux
@ 2005-01-31  2:27 ` David S. Miller
From: David S. Miller @ 2005-01-31  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:05:16 +0100
Christian Joensson <christian.joensson@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I have understood, there is perhaps a problem with the sparc linux
> kernel related to problems with PCH in current gcc cvs trunk (since
> april 2004 it seems...)
>
> The thread at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-11/msg00225.html suggests
> a "simple" fix... Daniel's
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-11/msg00241.html. Did that ever get
> applied?

I've never tested it out, I lack time for any gcc development these
days.  It is the simplest candidate I've seen for a fix for this
problem.  Someone should give it a try.