* [U-Boot-Users] A question on ELDK PATH Setting
@ 2005-04-24 11:24 Sam Song
From: Sam Song @ 2005-04-24 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:
> If you have a look at the contrents of the ELDK's
> bin directories you will see that you will be
missing the
> ${CROSS_COMPILE}rpm tool if you omit

Well, no wander I haven't met any trouble on compiling
kernel. Actually, I have no idea on ${CROSS_COMPILE}
rpm.

> But actually this is completely off topic here...

Ummm, if so, where could we discuss something about
DULG?
 I noticed there is one charming words below the DULG
linkage,
 says "You are invited to contribute".  The doc
benfits me a lot.
And has been updating frequently. Really wanna to see
it better:)

Btw, I reported one typo for you about MTD part on OLD
linuxppc
maillist. But you still haven't corrected it yet. I
don't know why:)

http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/FlashFilesystemsMTD

"xd" should be replaced by "xxd".  At least for RED
HAT 7.3/9.0.

Thanks for your reply,

Sam

150??MP3????????????
http://cn.rd.yahoo.com/mail_cn/tag/yisou/music/*http://music.yisou.com/
???????????????????
http://cn.rd.yahoo.com/mail_cn/tag/yisou/image/*http://image.yisou.com
1G??1000???????????
http://cn.rd.yahoo.com/mail_cn/tag/1g/*http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/event/mail_1g/

* [U-Boot-Users] A question on ELDK PATH Setting
@ 2005-05-03  9:16 ` Detlev Zundel
From: Detlev Zundel @ 2005-05-03  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Sam,

> Btw, I reported one typo for you about MTD part on OLD
> linuxppc
> maillist. But you still haven't corrected it yet. I
> don't know why:)
>
> http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/FlashFilesystemsMTD
>
> "xd" should be replaced by "xxd".  At least for RED
> HAT 7.3/9.0.

If you look closely you will see that the examples run on the target
so the question is really "what is the tool named in the ELDK?"  Ok,
the answer is the same, i.e. xxd but as the included files (forming
the literal parts of the documentation) are to be generated from
automatic regression tests, there is no real point in "fixing" this
right now.  By the way, this was _never_ a typo.  There was a tool
named "xd" around doing just what is shown - the examples were
captured from live sessions rather than being dreamed up.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
It's very important  that you sleep because that's  when your brain is
garbage  collecting.  And a  dream is  if you  are interrupted  in the

* [U-Boot-Users] A question on ELDK PATH Setting
@ 2005-05-03 11:11   ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2005-05-03 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In message <87d5s8y8iw.fsf@sowhat.denx.de> you wrote:

> > "xd" should be replaced by "xxd".  At least for RED
> > HAT 7.3/9.0.
>
> If you look closely you will see that the examples run on the target
> so the question is really "what is the tool named in the ELDK?"  Ok,
> the answer is the same, i.e. xxd but as the included files (forming
> the literal parts of the documentation) are to be generated from
> automatic regression tests, there is no real point in "fixing" this

The tool I used in our regression tests is indeed called  "xd".  This
is  a  home-made  hexdump tool I've been using on all systems for the
last 15 years or so.

> right now.  By the way, this was _never_ a typo.  There was a tool
> named "xd" around doing just what is shown - the examples were
> captured from live sessions rather than being dreamed up.

Right. But we might use xxd as well.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Es ist offensichtlich, dass das menschliche Gehirn wie  ein  Computer
funktioniert.  Da  es  keine  dummen Computer gibt, gibt es also auch
keine dummen Menschen. Nur ein paar Leute, die unter DOS laufen.
                                                       -- <unbekannt>

* [U-Boot-Users] A question on ELDK PATH Setting
@ 2005-05-03 12:17 Sam Song
From: Sam Song @ 2005-05-03 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:
> > > "xd" should be replaced by "xxd".  At least for
> > > RED HAT 7.3/9.0.
> >
> > If you look closely you will see that the examples
> > run on the target so the question is really "what
> > is the tool named in the ELDK?"  Ok,
[snip]
> The tool I used in our regression tests is indeed
> called  "xd".  This is  a  home-made  hexdump tool
> I've been using on all systems for the
> last 15 years or so.
>
> > right now. By the way, this was _never_ a typo.
> > There was a tool named "xd" around doing just
> > what is shown - the examples were captured from
> > live sessions rather than being dreamed up.
>
> Right. But we might use xxd as well.

OK, I get it. "xd" is a home-made target command of
ELDK. "xxd" is a HOST one. Yeah, I worked under NFS
to check the MTD content.

Thanks a lot for the reply from both of you:)

@ 2005-04-24  9:32 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2005-04-24  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In message <20050424053255.59580.qmail@web15908.mail.cnb.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I found the cross_compiling tool path setting of ELDK
> can be concise further. We could just set
> PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/usr/bin RATHER THAN
> PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/usr/bin:/opt/eldk/bin

If you have a look at the contrents of the ELDK's bin directories you
will see that you will be missing the ${CROSS_COMPILE}rpm tool if you
omit the /opt/eldk/bin directory from your PATH. It  doends  on  what
you're doing if you need this or not.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by  at  least
one instruction - from which, by induction, one can deduce that every
program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.

* [U-Boot-Users] A question on ELDK PATH Setting
@ 2005-04-24  5:32 Sam Song
From: Sam Song @ 2005-04-24  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

I found the cross_compiling tool path setting of ELDK
can be concise further. We could just set
PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/usr/bin RATHER THAN
PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/usr/bin:/opt/eldk/bin

At least, the shorter setting work for me well to
compile 2.4 or 2.6 kernel.  Is it OK for other
possible
cases or any other cases still need to keep the
setting?

Thanks,