* [Bluez-users] Mouse and sound in parallel
@ 2005-06-05 17:36 Frank Pieczynski
From: Frank Pieczynski @ 2005-06-05 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Hello,
as far as I know a CSR chip (BlueCore4 in my case) supports 7 connections in
parallel and it works.
But: If I use btsco to transfer sound to my headset the bluetooth mouse is
damn slow then. It still moves but it's hard to hit something.
It comes back to fast movement, if the sound ends.
Are there any configuartion hints to get a better quality of service?
Thanks
Frank

* Re: [Bluez-users] Mouse and sound in parallel
@ 2005-06-06  5:10 ` Brad Midgley
From: Brad Midgley @ 2005-06-06  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Frank,

I remember someone complaining about something similar around the time
we got a2dp working. Check the -dev archives around nov 2004.

This may be different from that conversation, but you need to make sure
your computer is not making a scatternet (master to mouse, slave to
headset). I believe it can't communicate to both at the same time when
this happens.

So, in /etc/bluetooth/hcid I have the link mode set:

lm accept,master;

And for my a2dp+sco headset, I cannot have it connected to the computer
and the phone at the same time or the computer goes into scatternet mode.

Brad

@ 2005-06-06  5:32 ` Benny
From: Benny @ 2005-06-06  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Dear Frank,

Whether there is a readymade solutions with CSR which supports 7
connections or is it your custom development?

We also working on a similar setup with SPP+Headset BT device.  We
face similar problems like data slowness/loss when we just connect the
BT device for the sco connection(btsco -f <bdaddr> <channel no.>).
Eventhough we are not playing any audio, just connecting using btsco
make the data transfer slow/data loss.

Please anyone advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Benny

@ 2005-06-06 21:18   ` Frank Pieczynski
From: Frank Pieczynski @ 2005-06-06 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

On Monday 06 June 2005 07:10, Brad Midgley wrote:
Brad,
thanks for your tip.

> This may be different from that conversation, but you need to make sure
> your computer is not making a scatternet (master to mouse, slave to
> headset). I believe it can't communicate to both at the same time when
> this happens.
>
> So, in /etc/bluetooth/hcid I have the link mode set:
>
> lm accept,master;
I added the master to my settings and restarted,
but its still the same.

> And for my a2dp+sco headset, I cannot have it connected to the computer
> and the phone at the same time or the computer goes into scatternet mode.
I tried only with notebook as single master, no additional devices.

@ 2005-06-06 22:00     ` Brad Midgley
From: Brad Midgley @ 2005-06-06 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

Frank,

I couldn't find it, but I think that other discussion was about the link
policy. My link policy is:

  lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;

what do you have?

Brad

@ 2005-06-07 16:55       ` Frank Pieczynski
From: Frank Pieczynski @ 2005-06-07 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez-users

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 00:00, Brad Midgley wrote:

Brad,

> I couldn't find it, but I think that other discussion was about the link
> policy. My link policy is:
>
>   lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
>
> what do you have?

That is exactly what is defined here.
Are there any differences in mouse types?
Since my is a optical with 800dpi resolution may be its generating more
traffic ...

I viewed also trough the messages from end of last year, but don't find
anything helpful.

Thanks,
Frank