* Help on the data rate on MPC5200 ethernet
@ 2005-06-05 14:09 xuetao
From: xuetao @ 2005-06-05 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

Dear All:

I am testing the tcp/ip data communication data rate on MPC5200. The UDP data
rate is up to 80Mbps and TCP data rate is only 10Mbps? I test the TCP data rate
with FTP file traslation. Any body know the problem on this?

So thanks.

Best Regards,
Tom

* Re: Help on the data rate on MPC5200 ethernet
@ 2005-06-05 19:29 ` Jarno Manninen
From: Jarno Manninen @ 2005-06-05 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

On Sunday 05 June 2005 17:09, xuetao wrote:

> I am testing the tcp/ip data communication data rate on MPC5200. The UDP
> data rate is up to 80Mbps and TCP data rate is only 10Mbps? I test the TCP
> data rate with FTP file traslation. Any body know the problem on this?

The mass storage may be the limiting factor here, ofcourse depending on your
configuration. Anyhow I've found NTTCP test utility usefull for simple
testing purposes. There's propably some other test suites floating around
too.

- Jarno

* Re: Help on the data rate on MPC5200 ethernet
@ 2005-06-06 12:57   ` Minh Nguyen
From: Minh Nguyen @ 2005-06-06 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarno Manninen; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

Use iperf. You can find the source code at http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/I=