* [LARTC] PLEASE HELP! SHAPING P2P STILL NOT WORKING
@ 2005-07-12  0:10 Edgar
From: Edgar @ 2005-07-12  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hello, some days ago, I was asking for help here about not able to do anything
when I had bittorrent running, I will post the problem here:
I'm using ipp2p to mark p2p packets, and then send them with -j CLASSIFY  to
the correct HTB class, I see traffic in the class when I start azurerus, and
traffic does get shaped, but then I'm still not able to surf the web nor chat
nor anything, and I find this very weird, since the traffic is actually
shaped, then what am I missing? anyone had a similar problem? I really don't
know why this is happening, and I've tried lots of different setups but the
problem remains. This is in the server, which NAT the connections to 2
computers at home, I will know post the tcng rules, and the iptables rules
too:

IPTABLES RULES:

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m ipp2p --ipp2p -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p udp -m ipp2p --bit -j MARK --set-mark 3
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m mark --mark 3 -j CONNMARK
--save-mark
iptables -t mangle -A ipp2pPOST -o $DEV -m mark --mark 3 -j CLASSIFY
--set-class $P2P

TCNG FILE, AND TC CLASSES

#define UPLOAD eth1
#define UPRATE 25kBps
#define P2P 10kBps

dev UPLOAD {
        egress {
                class ( <$prio> ) ;
                class ( <$p2p> ) ;
                class ( <$interactive> )
                        /* ACK packets go in this class */
                        if ip_hl = 0x5 &&
                        ! (ip_len & 0xffc0) &&
                        (raw[33].b >> 4) & 0xff
                        if 1 ;

                htb () {
                        class ( rate UPRATE, ceil UPRATE ) {
                                $prio = class ( prio 0, rate 6kBps, ceil
UPRATE ) { sfq; } ;
                                $p2p = class ( prio 7, rate 1kBps, ceil P2P )
{ sfq; } ;
                                $interactive = class ( prio 1, rate 18kBps,
ceil UPRATE ) { sfq; } ;
                        }
                }
        }
}

CLASSES

class htb 2:1 root rate 200000bit ceil 200000bit burst 1624b cburst 1624b
class htb 2:2 parent 2:1 leaf 3: prio 0 rate 48000bit ceil 200000bit burst
1605b cburst 1624b
class htb 2:3 parent 2:1 leaf 4: prio 7 rate 8000bit ceil 80000bit burst 1600b
cburst 1609b
class htb 2:4 parent 2:1 leaf 5: prio 1 rate 144000bit ceil 200000bit burst
1617b cburst 1624b

As you can see here, class 2:3 stands for the p2p class, and that's where I
send the marked p2p packets, I don't see why this configuration is not
working, please help me out with this. Thank you in advance

EDGAR MERINO

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-07-12  0:10 UTC | newest]