* [LARTC] tc qdisc replace failing
@ 2005-11-06  7:53 Lee Sanders
From: Lee Sanders @ 2005-11-06  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hi,

Having issues getting a replace command working correctly. The error reported
is "RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument" which isn't descriptive or helpful.

The command i'm running is:

tc qdisc replace dev ppp0 parent 8001:D handle D: tbf rate 5Kbit burst 5kb
latency 70ms

The idea being to replace an sfq with handle D and hopefully limit a certain
user in my WRR class. If I delete the qdisc first and add with the below line
it works.

tc qdisc del dev ppp0 parent 8001:D handle D:
tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 8001:D handle D: tbf rate 5Kbit burst 1540
latency 70ms

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong ?

:Lee

* Re: [LARTC] tc qdisc replace failing
@ 2005-11-06 17:42 ` gypsy
From: gypsy @ 2005-11-06 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Lee Sanders wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Having issues getting a replace command working correctly. The error reported
> is "RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument" which isn't descriptive or helpful.
>
> The command i'm running is:
>
> tc qdisc replace dev ppp0 parent 8001:D handle D: tbf rate 5Kbit burst 5kb
> latency 70ms
>
> The idea being to replace an sfq with handle D and hopefully limit a certain
> user in my WRR class. If I delete the qdisc first and add with the below line
> it works.
>
> tc qdisc del dev ppp0 parent 8001:D handle D:
> tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 8001:D handle D: tbf rate 5Kbit burst 1540
> latency 70ms
>
> Anyone see what I'm doing wrong ?
>
> :Lee

I believe that replace is still broken so, if I'm correct, the answer
is, "replace does not work."
--
gypsy