* Can we compile them with eldk and debug them with BDI2000?
@ 2005-12-12 12:25 zengshuai
From: zengshuai @ 2005-12-12 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ppc

There are some example C programs in freescale's web.
They don't work in linux but bareboard.
Can we compile them with eldk and debug them with BDI2000?
Thanks.

------------------------------
我现在使用Sogou.com的2G邮箱了,你也来试试吧!
http://mail.sogou.com/recommend/sogoumail_invite_reg1.jsp?from=sogouinvitation&s_EMAIL=zengshuai%40sogou.com&username=linuxppc-embedded&FullName=linuxppc-embedded&Email=linuxppc-embedded%40ozlabs.org&verify=755eff4e640bdcfc57d93cbd8b0a9cb7

* Re: Can we compile them with eldk and debug them with BDI2000?
@ 2005-12-12 13:26 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2005-12-12 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zengshuai; +Cc: ppc

In message <4069241.1134390336250.JavaMail.postfix@mx3.mail.sohu.com> you wrote:
> There are some example C programs in freescale's web.
> They don't work in linux but bareboard.
> Can we compile them with eldk and debug them with BDI2000?

Yes. You may have to set up your own linker script, though. It  would
be probably much easier to run such code as standalone application in
U-Boot (and yes, this too can be compiled using the ELDK and debugged
using the BDI).

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
We are all agreed that your  theory  is  crazy.  The  question  which
divides  us  is  whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being
correct. My own feeling is that it is not crazy enough.  - Niels Bohr

* Re: Can we compile them with eldk and debug them with BDI2000?
@ 2005-12-13  8:18 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2005-12-13  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zengshuai; +Cc: ppc

In message <31064960.1134445714325.JavaMail.postfix@mx3.mail.sohu.com> you wrote:
> thanks a lot.Would you give me more inf,please?

I'm afraid this is off topic on this list.

> There were a test.c.
> When we use "ppc_6xx-gcc -o test test.c",we can get a "test" which can running in Linux.
> How can we get a "test" which can running in bareboard and be debuged using the BDI2000?
> Would you give a flag example?

See the U-Boot source code. U-Boot itself is just such a bare-silicon
application program (a pretty complex  one,  though).  Also  see  the
examples/ directory which contains code for several simple standalone
applications within the U-Boot context.

Note that you will have to understand how the linker works, and  know
exactly what you are doing.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.
	-- Klingon Soldier, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown