* snd-usb-audio
@ 2005-12-13 16:44 Jonathan Murphy
From: Jonathan Murphy @ 2005-12-13 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi Folks,
 In my first post I omitted to thank you all for your awesome work. At the risk of sounding cheesy beyond belief I just want you to know that your work is appreciated.
 Clemens, thanks for your post. I'd already come across the link and, consequently,  tried to compile with an earlier (3.3.6) version of GCC. When that didn't work I posted here. I've finally got it working with GCC-3.4.3.
 Perhaps  a section could be added to the INSTALL documentation  regarding compilers known to work/fail? And could Sergey's patch for kernel versions <= 2.6.14 be included in the drivers package?
 Thanks,
 Jonathan.

---------------------------------

* Re: snd-usb-audio
@ 2006-01-26  8:53       ` Stefano Papini
From: Stefano Papini @ 2006-01-26  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clemens Ladisch; +Cc: alsa-devel

Ciao Clemens,
first of all thanks a lot for your kind feedback, I think you do have
more important things than following an alsa newbie...

Anyway, yesterday late evening I tried with the asound.conf which gave
me a lot of trouble (and the U24 keeps on muting).

Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> Stefano Papini wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I did something wrong in /etc/asound.conf (I follwed PlanetCCRMA
>> hints on writing one)???
>

> You shouldn't need to write such a file.

I'll try without it.

>> iManufacturer 1 Ego Systems Inc.
>> iProduct 2 U24
>

> I guess this is your "Swissonic Studio D MkII"?

Exactly.

>>Intel 810 + AC97 Audio, version 1.01, 10:51:24 Jan 24 2006
>>

>This is a message from the OSS driver for your internal sound card.
>Better don't use OSS and ALSA drivers at the same time.

I see, but how can I disable it? I have already added snd-intel8x0 in
/etc/hotplug/

>>aplay: main:544: audio open error: Broken pipe
>>ALSA usbaudio.c:821: cannot submit datapipe for urb 3, err = -28
>>

>Disable USB bandwidth checking (CONFIG_USB_BANDWIDTH) in the kernel
>configuration.

I'll cook a kernel and will report you. Many thanks!

Stefano

>HTH
>Clemens

ATTENZIONE: Il contenuto di questo messaggio e' rivolto unicamente alle persone cui e' indirizzato e puo' contenere informazioni la cui riservatezza e' tutelata legalmente. Ne sono vietati la riproduzione, la diffusione e l'uso in mancanza di autorizzazione del destinatario. Se l'avete ricevuto per errore vogliate eliminare il messaggio in modo permanente e darcene cortesemente notizia. I messaggi e gli allegati sono analizzati automaticamente per ricercare tutti i virus conosciuti. Se questo messaggio contiene allegati protetti da password, i files NON saranno analizzati per ricercare i virus dal dominio di posta. Analizzate sempre gli allegati prima di aprirli.

ATTENTION: This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the adressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this  message, except  for the purpose of delivery to the addressee. In case of accidental receipt, please inform us. Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known. If this message contains password-protected attachments, the files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the mail domain. Always scan attachments before opening them.

http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid\x103432&bid#0486&dat\x121642

* Re: snd-usb-audio
       [not found]   ` <43D730B4.3030907@tbridge.it>
@ 2006-01-25 17:43     ` Clemens Ladisch
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2006-01-25 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Papini; +Cc: alsa-devel

@ 2006-01-24 16:40 ` Clemens Ladisch
       [not found]   ` <43D730B4.3030907@tbridge.it>
From: Clemens Ladisch @ 2006-01-24 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefano Papini; +Cc: alsa-devel

Stefano Papini wrote:
> would you mind sending me where may I find snd-usb-audio in order to let
> a Swissonic USB Studio D MkII working through its USB interface?

If the device is class compliant, any version of snd-usb-audio will work.

If the device is not, no version will work (yet).  In that case, what is
the output of "lsusb -v" for this device?

Regards,
Clemens

* snd-usb-audio
@ 2006-01-24 10:37 Stefano Papini
From: Stefano Papini @ 2006-01-24 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,
would you mind sending me where may I find snd-usb-audio in order to let
a Swissonic USB Studio D MkII working through its USB interface?

I'm using 2.4.32 kernel, but can move to whatever version suitable.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Stefano