From: Petr Baudis <pasky@suse.cz>
To: Paul Dickson <paul@permanentmail.com>
Cc: git@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Cogito-0.16.1
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:56:45 +0100	[thread overview]

Dear diary, on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 02:26:36AM CET, I got a letter
where Paul Dickson <paul@permanentmail.com> said that...
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 02:12:10 +0100, Petr Baudis wrote:
>
> >   this is Cogito version 0.16.1, the next stable release of the
> > human-friendly version control UI for the Linus' GIT tool.
>
> Can the -help argument be supported too?  It's pretty annoying to end up
> typing -help and having that used as a tag or commit.

Both -h and --help is supported. -help should always yield "unknown
argument", but supporting it directly would be inconsistent and might
make the users think that they can actually use that for all the long
arguments.

> Any chance of man files?  I'm more use to type man than cg-help.

You can make the man files by

	make doc

and install them by

	make install-doc

This isn't done by default so that you won't need asciidoc for the
build. This is exactly the same way in GIT.

> How about giving instructions in the edited commit message about how to
> abort the commit.  I've figured out you can just delete all the
> referenced files, but this was just by accident. (0.15.1)  I had my emacs
> segfault and that commit was performed too.

Thanks for the idea:

+[ "$commitalways" ] && echo "CG: Do not save this file and just quit if
	you want to abort the commit." >>$LOGMSG

> Any chance a creating a very simple cg-mv?  Having to switch is a lower
> level (git) to perform this function takes time (verifying the
> functionality).

Yes. That's planned for 0.17, and I have the patch in my queue.

> Is there a cogito equivalent of "git-branch foo"?  It seems cg-branch-add
> does everything but that.

cg-switch, but it's not in 0.16. It's in the 0.17pre git tree and will
be in 0.17.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Stuff: http://pasky.or.cz/