* [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Parallel Port Support
@ 2005-12-13 18:01 Trev Jackson
From: Trev Jackson @ 2005-12-13 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi

I don't think this made it onto the list, so I'm re-sending it............

Subject: Parallel Port Support
Date: Tuesday 13 Dec 2005 17:08
From: Trev Jackson <trev@g7pvs.freeserve.co.uk>
To: qemu-devel@nongnu.org

Hi

I have also posted this (QEMU for Linux //// has anyone got their parallel
port working?) on the QEMU forum regarding this, but since I understand
parallel port support is recent I thought It might be useful to post on the
development list as well.

I am trying to capture my parallel port scanner setup data so a Linux driver
can be written, (portmon for windows doesn't capture anything).

I cannot currently get the scanner working on windows 98SE running on QEMU.

I first downloaded the QEMU binary, but QEMU wouldn't run with the parallel
port option enabled:

# qemu -parallel /dev/parport0 -dummy-net -enable-audio -localtime -boot c
windows.img
Could not open '/dev/kqemu' - QEMU acceleration layer not activated
qemu: could not open parallel device '/dev/parport0'

I did the following to create the /dev/parport0 device:

modprobe parport-pc && modprobe ppdev
rmmod lp

I then ran
makedev /dev

and that created /dev/parport0 to /dev/parport7

I have now built QEMU 0.7.2 from source and am getting a similar error
message:

# qemu -parallel /dev/parport0 -dummy-net -enable-audio -localtime -boot c
windows.img
qemu: could not open parallel device '/dev/parport0'

Is this a problem with my set up or does this problem occur with everyones.

Best Regards

Trev

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-12-13 18:00 UTC | newest]