* Au1200 & IDE
@ 2005-12-14 21:56 bora.sahin
From: bora.sahin @ 2005-12-14 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips

Hi,

drivers/ide/mips/au1xxx-ide.c includes ide-timing.h:

#include "ide-timing.h"

But that directory doesnt contain "ide-timing.h" so compiler complains from
it. ide-timing.h is in ide folder. I did a grep and saw that some other
dirs under ide also includes that file in the same manner as in mips but
doesnt contain it in its own folder. After I did a sym link, compile was
successfull. What's the concept behind this? Can we move it to
include/linux?

--
Bora SAHIN

* Re: Au1200 & IDE
@ 2005-12-14 23:50 ` Jordan Crouse
From: Jordan Crouse @ 2005-12-14 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bora.sahin; +Cc: linux-mips

> But that directory doesnt contain "ide-timing.h" so compiler complains from
> it. ide-timing.h is in ide folder. I did a grep and saw that some other
> dirs under ide also includes that file in the same manner as in mips but
> doesnt contain it in its own folder. After I did a sym link, compile was
> successfull. What's the concept behind this? Can we move it to
> include/linux.

I'm not sure about that - thats probably more of a question for the core
folks.  For your particular error, however, it should be sufficient to add

EXTRA_CFLAGS += -Idrivers/ide

To drivers/ide/mips/Makefile.  I do believe that the most recent patches
had that fix attached.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer

* Re: Au1200 & IDE
@ 2005-12-15  9:58   ` bora.sahin
From: bora.sahin @ 2005-12-15  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips; +Cc: Jordan Crouse

> I do believe that the most recent patches had that fix attached.

Your IDE patches?

I am using 2.6.15.rc4-g2b269cc6, and it is not there.

--
Bora SAHIN

* Re: Au1200 & IDE
@ 2005-12-15 14:59   ` Ralf Baechle
From: Ralf Baechle @ 2005-12-15 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jordan Crouse; +Cc: bora.sahin, linux-mips

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 04:50:31PM -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:

> > But that directory doesnt contain "ide-timing.h" so compiler complains from
> > it. ide-timing.h is in ide folder. I did a grep and saw that some other
> > dirs under ide also includes that file in the same manner as in mips but
> > doesnt contain it in its own folder. After I did a sym link, compile was
> > successfull. What's the concept behind this? Can we move it to
> > include/linux.
>
> I'm not sure about that - thats probably more of a question for the core
> folks.  For your particular error, however, it should be sufficient to add
>
> EXTRA_CFLAGS += -Idrivers/ide
>
> To drivers/ide/mips/Makefile.  I do believe that the most recent patches
> had that fix attached.

I nuked it - it just isn't necessary to force this for all drivers.  So
if anything, make that

  CFLAGS_au1xxx-ide.o += -Idrivers/ide

  Ralf