* GIT URL of linux kernel tree
@ 2006-04-24 19:21 Thomas Glanzmann
From: Thomas Glanzmann @ 2006-04-24 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GIT

Hello everyone,
I currently use

rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git

to pull Linus Linux tree. Which is a bit suboptimal, I guess. So I am
asking for the URL to use GITs own protocol. And where could I have
looked it up?

Thanks,
        Thomas

* Re: GIT URL of linux kernel tree
@ 2006-04-24 19:36 ` Rene Scharfe
From: Rene Scharfe @ 2006-04-24 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Glanzmann; +Cc: GIT

Thomas Glanzmann schrieb:
> Hello everyone,
> I currently use
>
> rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
>
> to pull Linus Linux tree. Which is a bit suboptimal, I guess. So I am
> asking for the URL to use GITs own protocol. And where could I have
> looked it up?

The top of http://www.kernel.org/git/ says you can use
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/...

René