* [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-13 20:33 Davenport, Richard
From: Davenport, Richard @ 2006-07-13 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer=20

=20

Responsible for the technical leadership in design and development of =
embedded OS features for Cisco's next generation Audio/Video application =
which will change the entire video conferencing industry.

=20

Please check out these links for an overview of the project:

=20

http://www.humanproductivitylab.com/archive_blogs/2006/03/26/ciscos_chann=
el_partners_should_1.php

=20

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11768174/site/newsweek/

=20

Requirements:

=B7        Strong technical skills with an emphasis on Embedded Linux, =
Operating System interfaces, and Platform Software and Services.=20

=B7        5-7 years of embedded C programming.

=B7        4 years Linux experience with at least 2 years embedded =
Linux.

=B7        Linux expertise on PowerPC architecture.

=B7        Experience in Linux internals such as file systems, device =
drivers, network interfaces.

=B7        Thorough understanding of Linux utilities such as system =
logging and run time options.

=B7        Experience in building BSP packaging

=B7        Familiar with gcc/gdb toolchain=20

=B7        Excellent written and verbal communication skills

=B7        Permanent US work authorization or transferable H1b with a =
minimum of two years remaining eligibility.

=20

Desired Skills/Experience:=20

=B7        Experience in providing Technical and team leadership=20

=B7        Experience in GPL compliance=20

=B7        Build systems, tool chain, executable/library structures and =
makefile=20

=B7        Background in a startup or dynamic working environment

=B7        Strong understanding of operating system Kernel internals=20

=B7        Experience with writing/debugging BSP's for Linux=20

=B7        Background in VoIP Audio/Video systems=20

=20

Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years of related =
experience, or

BSEE/CS combined with 7-10+ yrs related experience.

=20

Opportunity is in San Jose, CA. (Relocation assistance is not available)

=20

 If interested, please respond with a copy of your resume and the best =
numbers and times for a follow-up phone conversation.

=20

Thank you,

=20
Richard Davenport
Recruiter=20
Cisco Recruiting Team
(888) 329-3480  or (501) 351-7396
richarddavenport@spherion.com <mailto:richarddavenport@spherion.com>=20

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14  8:07 ` Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2006-07-14  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Davenport, Richard; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 04:33:06PM -0400, Davenport, Richard wrote:
> Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
>

> Responsible for the technical leadership in design and development of embedded OS features for Cisco's next generation Audio/Video application which will change the entire video conferencing industry.

Please stop spamming people, especially on public mailinglists.

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14  8:43   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2006-07-14  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, RichardDavenport

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:07:54 +0200 Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> wrote:

> Please stop spamming people, especially on public mailinglists.

Richard asked the list admins before he sent this message and we decided
it would be OK if he identifed the message in its subject.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 11:22     ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2006-07-14 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, linuxppc-embedded

In message <20060714184305.4d16550a.sfr@canb.auug.org.au> you wrote:

> Richard asked the list admins before he sent this message and we decided
> it would be OK if he identifed the message in its subject.

Hello List Admins,

please keep these  lists  a  technical  discussion  forum  with  good
signal-noise  ration. Don't allow people to spam these lists with job
offers or other crap.

Thanks.

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
No user-servicable parts inside. Refer to qualified service personnel.

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 14:35       ` bbosch
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: bbosch @ 2006-07-14 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, linuxppc-embedded

I don't have a strong opinion on job postings here, but my employer
also happens to have two embedded PPC Linux kernel developer openings.
I posted them to one of the Chicago area Linux users group lists, but
I didn't post them here because I assumed it might be construed as
off-topic.

On the other hand, a couple weeks ago, proclus@gnu-darwin.org posted a
very long, meandering political statement, most of which seemed to
have very little to do with PowerPC Linux and I didn't notice anyone
complain on these lists.  (Which is just as well since my objection
off-list resulted only in a long pointless argument in which it became
clear that rational debate would get me nowhere.)

Should I post our embedded PPC kernel related work openings here?

--Brad

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 14:58         ` John W. Linville
From: John W. Linville @ 2006-07-14 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bbosch; +Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-embedded, linuxppc-dev

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 09:35:50AM -0500, bbosch@iphase.com wrote:

> Should I post our embedded PPC kernel related work openings here?

For my $0.02, legitimate postings targeted at skilled individuals
likely to be reading this group are not inappropriate.  However,
I'm sure that some over-zealous recruiter can make easily make me
regret that statement...

John
--
John W. Linville
linville@tuxdriver.com

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 15:20           ` jschopp
From: jschopp @ 2006-07-14 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John W. Linville; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-embedded

>> Should I post our embedded PPC kernel related work openings here?
>
> For my $0.02, legitimate postings targeted at skilled individuals
> likely to be reading this group are not inappropriate.  However,
> I'm sure that some over-zealous recruiter can make easily make me
> regret that statement...

Those are my comments as well.  On the one hand it is a good thing when people who work on
open source are connected with people who will pay you to work on open source.  It's a lot
easier to code when you don't have to worry about paying the rent.  On the other hand it
is a slippery slope.  We don't want the list to turn into a job postings list, even if
they are legitimate job postings for open source developers.  And we really don't want to
  end up with totally unrelated job postings.

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 16:21         ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2006-07-14 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bbosch; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-embedded

In message <17591.43974.871998.267718@waldo.lisle.iphase.com> you wrote:

> Should I post our embedded PPC kernel related work openings here?

NO!!!

This is a technical discussion group. Job offerings,  commercial  ads
and all this stuff is off topic here. Please re-read the list info at
https://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-embedded resp. -dev

It  says:  "...discussions/patches   should   pertain   to   software
development  for the kernel core ppc32 embedded processor support and
any driver/chip/board support for ppc32 based embedded systems."

"Software development". This does not allow for job  offers,  ads  or
other crap.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
The first thing we do is kill all the lawyers.
(Shakespeare. II Henry VI, Act IV, scene ii)

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 16:38           ` Linas Vepstas
From: Linas Vepstas @ 2006-07-14 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Denk; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, linuxppc-embedded, Stephen Rothwell

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 06:21:00PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> > Should I post our embedded PPC kernel related work openings here?
>
> NO!!!
>
> This is a technical discussion group. Job offerings,  commercial  ads
> and all this stuff is off topic here. Please re-read the list info at
> https://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-embedded resp. -dev
>
> It  says:  "...discussions/patches   should   pertain   to   software
> development  for the kernel core ppc32 embedded processor support and
> any driver/chip/board support for ppc32 based embedded systems."
>
> "Software development". This does not allow for job  offers,  ads  or
> other crap.

I respectfully disagree. There may well be people who would rather
work on PowerPC Linux kernels more than any other thing in the world,
and it is entirely appropriate for job openings for PowerPC Linux kernel
programmers to be posted here.

Much as I would like to be, and not for lack of trying, indpendently
wealthy off some dot-com IPO, so that I may code on whatever I wished,
I have, in fact, failed at this, and must stick to actual employment
to feed, cloth and educate my family. I am not alone.

There is a long precedent for this in academic societies, and you will
find job postings in Nature, Science, Physics Today and American
Mathematical Monthly. Frankly, there simply are not so many job
opporunities that we, much like engineers and scientists in general,
can afford to thumb our noses at them.

If you in fact are especially fortunate, then perhaps you could
mentor someone younger: someone who is hot, smart, and fresh out of
college, a good talent, who has contributed good patches, but is now
faced with the need to find rent and beer money. What advice can you
give them, "tough luck Squidward, go work at the Krusty Krab?"

--linas

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 17:29       ` Tim Bird
From: Tim Bird @ 2006-07-14 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Denk; +Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-embedded, linuxppc-dev

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <20060714184305.4d16550a.sfr@canb.auug.org.au> you wrote:
>> Richard asked the list admins before he sent this message and we decided
>> it would be OK if he identifed the message in its subject.
>
> Hello List Admins,
>
> please keep these  lists  a  technical  discussion  forum  with  good
> signal-noise  ration. Don't allow people to spam these lists with job
> offers or other crap.

To lessen the pressure to do this on lists, how about if CELF
maintains some kind of job board on its wiki, or creates a separate
list for this?  Some member companies (employee seekers) and
job seekers have asked about this in the past.

I'll discuss this at our AG meeting next week.
 -- Tim

=============================
Tim Bird
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Electronics
=============================

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 18:03         ` Olof Johansson
From: Olof Johansson @ 2006-07-14 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Bird; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-embedded

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 10:29:41AM -0700, Tim Bird wrote:
> Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > In message <20060714184305.4d16550a.sfr@canb.auug.org.au> you wrote:
> >> Richard asked the list admins before he sent this message and we decided
> >> it would be OK if he identifed the message in its subject.
> >
> > Hello List Admins,
> >
> > please keep these  lists  a  technical  discussion  forum  with  good
> > signal-noise  ration. Don't allow people to spam these lists with job
> > offers or other crap.
>
> To lessen the pressure to do this on lists, how about if CELF
> maintains some kind of job board on its wiki, or creates a separate
> list for this?  Some member companies (employee seekers) and
> job seekers have asked about this in the past.
>
> I'll discuss this at our AG meeting next week.

Ick. Why not just create a linuxppc-jobs@ozlabs org instead of hiding it
somewhere in the CELF organization, especially since it's not neccessarily
constrained to embedded jobs? That solves the problem for all involved
parties, those who are looking for jobs or want to be in the loop on
what is going on can subscribe, others can keep away.

Stephen, care to create a list?

Personally, I don't mind getting the ads just to know who is growing
out there and so on, but I don't want them sorted into the folder with
technical stuff, and I don't want to rely on people tagging the subject
right.

-Olof

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 18:40           ` Geoff Thorpe
From: Geoff Thorpe @ 2006-07-14 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olof Johansson; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, linuxppc-embedded, Stephen Rothwell

Olof Johansson wrote:

>Personally, I don't mind getting the ads just to know who is growing
>out there and so on, but I don't want them sorted into the folder with
>technical stuff, and I don't want to rely on people tagging the subject
>right.

In this case, a list moderator was contacted prior to the post. So...
why not just extend the idea and have potential employers[1] provide
their "openings" (erm) to such a moderator who sends a not-too-frequent
digest to the list encapsulating any/all such offerings. That way, the
subject *will* be tagged correctly, the rate of "off-topic" postings is
inherently throttled/coalesced, and anyone who might be remotely
interested will be exposed to such opportunities without having to
actively go searching (ipso facto, those HR types will be less inclined
to carpet-bomb the entire internet for fear that their offerings go
otherwise unnoticed). Hell, if the subject header was appropriately
keyworded - Wolfgang could even procmail it to /dev/null ;-)

[1] this could also cover other commercial/potential-list-abuse subjects
like speaking engagements, survey requests, [tbd]. If it got too big, it
could be replaced with a summary of headings and URLs. Whatever.

Just my first-glance $0.02,
Geoff

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 18:41             ` Frank
From: Frank @ 2006-07-14 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linas Vepstas, Wolfgang Denk
  Cc: linuxppc-dev, Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-embedded

--- Linas Vepstas <linas@austin.ibm.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 06:21:00PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> >
> > > Should I post our embedded PPC kernel related work
> openings here?
> >
> > NO!!!
> >
> > This is a technical discussion group. Job offerings,
> commercial  ads
> > and all this stuff is off topic here. Please re-read the
> list info at
> > https://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-embedded resp.
> -dev
> >
> > It  says:  "...discussions/patches   should   pertain   to
> software
> > development  for the kernel core ppc32 embedded processor
> support and
> > any driver/chip/board support for ppc32 based embedded
> systems."
> >
> > "Software development". This does not allow for job  offers,
>  ads  or
> > other crap.
>
> I respectfully disagree. There may well be people who would
> rather
> work on PowerPC Linux kernels more than any other thing in the
> world,
> and it is entirely appropriate for job openings for PowerPC
> Linux kernel
> programmers to be posted here.
>
> Much as I would like to be, and not for lack of trying,
> indpendently
> wealthy off some dot-com IPO, so that I may code on whatever I
> wished,
> I have, in fact, failed at this, and must stick to actual
> employment
> to feed, cloth and educate my family. I am not alone.
>
> There is a long precedent for this in academic societies, and
> you will
> find job postings in Nature, Science, Physics Today and
> American
> Mathematical Monthly. Frankly, there simply are not so many
> job
> opporunities that we, much like engineers and scientists in
> general,
> can afford to thumb our noses at them.
>
> If you in fact are especially fortunate, then perhaps you
> could
> mentor someone younger: someone who is hot, smart, and fresh
> out of
> college, a good talent, who has contributed good patches, but
> is now
> faced with the need to find rent and beer money. What advice
> can you
> give them, "tough luck Squidward, go work at the Krusty Krab?"
>
> --linas/ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-dev

Maybe you should stand on a corner with a sign that says:
"Will code for food"...

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 19:13           ` Tim Bird
From: Tim Bird @ 2006-07-14 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olof Johansson; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-embedded

Olof Johansson wrote:
> Ick. Why not just create a linuxppc-jobs@ozlabs org instead of hiding it
> somewhere in the CELF organization...?

Well, it would be either a public list or on CELF's public wiki.
I'm not sure how this would be "hiding it".
 -- Tim

=============================

@ 2006-07-14 19:14         ` Segher Boessenkool
From: Segher Boessenkool @ 2006-07-14 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bbosch; +Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-embedded, linuxppc-dev

> On the other hand, a couple weeks ago, proclus@gnu-darwin.org posted a
> very long, meandering political statement, most of which seemed to
> have very little to do with PowerPC Linux and I didn't notice anyone
> complain on these lists.

I complained on another list -- he sent it _everywhere_.

> (Which is just as well since my objection
> off-list resulted only in a long pointless argument in which it became
> clear that rational debate would get me nowhere.)

Yes indeed.

Segher

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-14 19:17             ` Olof Johansson
From: Olof Johansson @ 2006-07-14 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Bird
  Cc: Olof Johansson, Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-dev, linuxppc-embedded

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 12:13:27PM -0700, Tim Bird wrote:
> Olof Johansson wrote:
> > Ick. Why not just create a linuxppc-jobs@ozlabs org instead of hiding it
> > somewhere in the CELF organization...?
>
> Well, it would be either a public list or on CELF's public wiki.
> I'm not sure how this would be "hiding it".

Sorry, I was replying from the viewpoing of a linuxppc-dev reader, not a
linuxppc-embedded reader. I'm willing to say that almost noone of us
visit the CELF pages very often, or at all.

-Olof

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-15  3:23             ` David H. Lynch Jr.
From: David H. Lynch Jr. @ 2006-07-15  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

Tim Bird wrote:
> Olof Johansson wrote:
>
>> Ick. Why not just create a linuxppc-jobs@ozlabs org instead of hiding it
>> somewhere in the CELF organization...?
>>

> Well, it would be either a public list or on CELF's public wiki.
> I'm not sure how this would be "hiding it".
>  -- Tim

    Aparently there are people that do not want job related postings of
any kind on this list.

    I can respect that. To the same extent there are those of us who are
looking for work and appreciate means to get the work we love instead of
having to take the work we can get.

    I have my own personal worries about even a job list. There are a
plethora of jobsites. And I can trivially do a search for Embedded Linux
and get a plethora of job oportunities.
    But they are all employment - primarily contract employment. There
seem to be no resources available for those of us looking for actual
consulting work.

    I mean you would think this would be the ultimate consulting task -
give me a board and a few weeks without sleep and I will bring forth
Linux for you.

    Anyway, we all have our preferences. I would love to see an embedded
Linux Consultants list that was chock full of consulting oportunities.
    I would bring it up myself - but my ISP basically sucks, and I can
not even host a decent web site for my own consulting business.
    I would even be willing to risk its being overrun with employment,
and contract for hire, and contract employment gigs that have zero
appeal to me - but may be of
    interest to others here.

    I would NOT restrict it to PPC's. I come to linuxppc-embedded to
look for ppc information. But I will do embedded linux work of any kind
that will pay the mortgage - heck, I would do web programming rather
than rejoin the rat race.

    Unfortunately the rats are looming.

Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux
717.627.3770 	       dhlii@dlasys.net 	  http://www.dlasys.net
fax: 1.253.369.9244 			           Cell: 1.717.587.7774
Over 25 years' experience in platforms, languages, and technologies too numerous to list.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-16 15:12             ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2006-07-16 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoff Thorpe
  Cc: Olof Johansson, linuxppc-dev, Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-embedded

In message <44B7E508.7020700@freescale.com> you wrote:

> otherwise unnoticed). Hell, if the subject header was appropriately
> keyworded - Wolfgang could even procmail it to /dev/null ;-)

Please don't try to reinvent Usenet  netiquette,  poorly.  Commercial
ads, job ofers and the like have always been banned. It's just lately
that nobody remembers the good old days any more and everybody thinks
he can force his ideas over everybody else.

If there is demand for job  offer  postings,  then  these  should  be
handled on a separate mailing list.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

--
You young'uns. That was *long* before AltaVista,  DejaNews,  or  even
(gasp) the *Web*! In fact, we typed that thread on steam-powered card

* Re: [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-17  1:12               ` David H. Lynch Jr.
From: David H. Lynch Jr. @ 2006-07-17  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <44B7E508.7020700@freescale.com> you wrote:
>
>> otherwise unnoticed). Hell, if the subject header was appropriately
>> keyworded - Wolfgang could even procmail it to /dev/null ;-)
>>

> Please don't try to reinvent Usenet  netiquette,  poorly.  Commercial
> ads, job ofers and the like have always been banned. It's just lately
> that nobody remembers the good old days any more and everybody thinks
> he can force his ideas over everybody else.

    Atleast where I am reading it this is a mailing list not Usenet.
    Each group/list has always had its own acceptable use policies.
    I can trivially think of several with vastly different ones than
linuxppc-embedded.
    And there are still flamewars over minor issues of netiquette.

    There are many many things wrong with the internet today - but as
with everything else - the good old days often look better after the fact.
    I do not know how long linuxppc-embedded has been arround, but I am
certain if you go back far enough there were not enough people with
internet access and the appropriate skills to form many of the focused
lists we have today.

    5 years ago, I got much less spam than today. But 5 years ago, I
could not throw away all my reference books and just use google and
other search engines to look up virtually anything.
    Today, the problem is not so much getting an answer to a question,
but finding the answer in the noise.

    I do not want to dwell on this - I am prone to pine for the good old
days myself. I can rant about plenty of modern evils in the internet and
elsewhere. But I do nto trully want to go back. I want what I have now
AND some of what I had then.

    One of the things I want out of the internet NOW, is tools to help
me persue my dreams and my lifestyle.

    Wolfgang, seems to have gotten there before me, built the skills,
contacts, and reputation and I hope he is doing well. I had been doing
other things with my life and they did nto work out.
    Now I am trying to parlay my skills into consulting work that lets
me do the work I want and keep the lifestyle I want.
    Only I do not have the 25 years of industry contacts I would have
had I taken a different route, and I want to use the internet as a means
to mitigate that.

    I have no problems banning job posting from this list.
    But I do beleive there needs to be some place for them.
    Personally I would like to see separate lists for traditional "jobs"
and consulting - with recruiters and contract employment postings banned
from the latter.
    But I will live with whatever comes about.

@ 2006-07-17  3:28               ` Geoff Thorpe
From: Geoff Thorpe @ 2006-07-17  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Denk
  Cc: Olof Johansson, linuxppc-dev, Stephen Rothwell, linuxppc-embedded

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>Please don't try to reinvent Usenet  netiquette,  poorly.

Begging your pardon, sire. Thanks for the adverb too btw, quite a bonus
- amusing, albeit poorly.

And speaking of which...

>Commercial
>ads, job ofers and the like have always been banned. It's just lately
>that nobody remembers the good old days any more and everybody thinks
>he can force his ideas over everybody else.

?! Whoah, if that's the nature of the discussion, fine - count me out.

Oh, and FYI - the good old days also involved rock musicians in spandex,
and ... well ... whatever. If you were referring to me, then I retract
any such "force" without hesitation - because until you told me
otherwise, I was entirely ignorant to its existence. To be honest, I'm
still not sure *what* force you're talking about, but I'll take your
word for it.

And while I'm at it, the next time you throw a dart, I sure hope it at
least hits the dart-board - there's nothing more uncomfortable than
having to apologise to an unknown, uninterested, and uninvolved
bystander who has a dart sticking out of his forehead just for having
been in the room. But for what it's worth, "oh don't be silly, no
apology necessary". :-)

>If there is demand for job  offer  postings,  then  these  should  be
>handled on a separate mailing list.

If you say so, I never really liked playing darts anyway, stupid game -
too many people holding sharp instruments they have too little control over.

Cheers,
Geoff

* [JOB] Senior Embedded Linux Video Engineer
@ 2006-07-13 20:51 Davenport, Richard