* Porting to different architectures
@ 2006-07-31 14:09 chriscureau
From: chriscureau @ 2006-07-31 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-8086

Hello, all!

I was glad to see that the ELKS project had a new maintainer...but when I saw that the distribution site was down, I thought I'd better check to see whether anyone was really still alive here.  Assuming there is someone out there reading my mail, I have two ideas to discuss...

A friend of mine and I are in the process of building a single board computer based on Western Design Center's 65c265, which is a 16-bit MCU which supports program sizes up to 64k, and data sizes up to the limit of memory (16M). Naturally, our first choice for an operating system for this hardware would be a unix-variant...and since ELKS is already coded for the 8086, we thought we could do a pretty straight port of it.  I'd really like to get the latest release, but unfortunately it looks as if Jody Bruchon's site is down.

Actually, that brings me to my next idea...I have a server at home with a 6M/512k DSL connection.  I know, it's not a super fast connection, but it is available...and I would like to offer it to be used as a mirror for the ELKS project.  I will also offer whatever help I can for fixing the CVS repository, or perhaps considering with others a move to SVN.

I hope that there is still life in this code yet...it would be rather nice to see Linux booting on our hardware. :-)

Thanks,
Chris Cureau

* CVS access
@ 2005-05-19  6:23 Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2005-05-19  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

Don't I have write access to the website CVS module?

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/

* CVS access
@ 2004-06-17 15:39 Prasanth Kumar
From: Prasanth Kumar @ 2004-06-17 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips

I'm trying to cross compile a Linux MIPS kernel on my x86 system to put
into an embedded board. I'm encountering some problems with compilation
of the stock kernels 2.4.x and 2.6.x from kernel.org. Perhaps the ones
on linux-mips.org are easier to compile. However I cannot get CVS access
following the directions on the linux-mips.org website. It says
authorization failed. Am I doing something incorrectly?

[bubba]$ cvs -d :pserver:cvs@ftp.linux-mips.org:/home/cvs loginLogging
in to :pserver:cvs@ftp.linux-mips.org:2401/home/cvs
CVS password:
cvs login: authorization failed: server ftp.linux-mips.org rejected
access to /home/cvs for user cvs

Prasanth

* CVS access
@ 2002-01-16  0:20 James Simmons
From: James Simmons @ 2002-01-16  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

For some time now we have seen framebuffer device drivers appear and then
disappear. Plus they are scattered every where and often several people
are working on the same driver without knowing each other. What I like to
see is drivers collected into one spot for people to grab. Such a spot
exist but people are not aware of it. That is at the fbdev web site. So if
you have a driver and would like to have it placed somewhere where people
might actually look at it and this way we can avoid code duplication
please let me or Geert know. We will gladly place it into CVS at the fbdev
sourceforge site.

http://linux-fbdev.sf.net

Thank you.

   . ---
   |o_o |
   |:_/ |   Give Micro$oft the Bird!!!!
  //   \ \  Use Linux!!!!
 (|     | )
 /'_   _/`\
 ___)=(___/

* CVS access
@ 2000-06-15  8:45 akc
From: akc @ 2000-06-15  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mtd

Howdy folks

I tried the Anonymous CVS access, as described, but receives connection
refused after entering the password ?????

Is the password changed ?

or what ..

Thanks in advance

Arnold