* [Buildroot] Enabling Static builds
@ 2007-02-07 17:00 Daniel Laird
From: Daniel Laird @ 2007-02-07 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

I have been looking at a number of the packages in the system.  Do people
think that -enable-static is a good idea as it seems to be used in a log of
package configures.
would a global enable-static option and enable-shared option be good idea?
This would mean that if you choose it it passes --enable-option to configure
else --disable-option this could be helpful for embedded systems
What do people think?

* [Buildroot] Enabling Static builds
@ 2007-02-07 17:19 ` Bernhard Fischer
From: Bernhard Fischer @ 2007-02-07 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 09:00:29AM -0800, Daniel Laird wrote:

>I have been looking at a number of the packages in the system.  Do people
>think that -enable-static is a good idea as it seems to be used in a log of
>package configures.
>would a global enable-static option and enable-shared option be good idea?
>This would mean that if you choose it it passes --enable-option to configure
>else --disable-option this could be helpful for embedded systems
>What do people think?

I don't use that myself, but from the looks we should clean this up a
bit to better support flat, no?

* [Buildroot] Enabling Static builds
@ 2007-02-07 18:15 ` Marc Lindahl
From: Marc Lindahl @ 2007-02-07 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)