* Drop random 20% of packets on port?
@ 2007-02-08 23:14 Michael B Allen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Michael B Allen @ 2007-02-08 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

I have several network protocol handlers that I would like to test. Can
someone recommend a method to deliberatedly drop a certain percentage
of packets destined for a particular port and in a random way using
netfilter or something else?

Mike

* Re: Drop random 20% of packets on port?
@ 2007-02-08 23:37 ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2007-02-08 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael B Allen; +Cc: netfilter

On Feb 8 2007 18:14, Michael B Allen wrote:

>I have several network protocol handlers that I would like to test. Can
>someone recommend a method to deliberatedly drop a certain percentage
>of packets destined for a particular port and in a random way using
>netfilter or something else?

-m statistic --mode random --probability 0.5 -j DROP

Jan

* Re: Drop random 20% of packets on port?
@ 2007-02-08 23:40 ` franck
From: franck @ 2007-02-08 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

* Re: Drop random 20% of packets on port?
@ 2007-02-09  0:10 ` Silvio Fonseca
From: Silvio Fonseca @ 2007-02-09  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hello Michael,