* nf_mark use in sk_buff
@ 2007-02-11  8:20 shah hemal
From: shah hemal @ 2007-02-11  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hi,

          What is nfmark field of sk_buff? For what
purpose it can be use?

its written in sk_buff structure description:
nfmark

    Can be used for communication between hooks .

thanks in advance.
hemal

* Re: nf_mark use in sk_buff
@ 2007-02-12 20:22 ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2007-02-12 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hshah127; +Cc: netfilter-devel

From: shah hemal <hshah127@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:20:25 -0800 (PST)

> Hi,
>
>           What is nfmark field of sk_buff? For what
> purpose it can be use?
>
> its written in sk_buff structure description:
> nfmark
>
>     Can be used for communication between hooks .

You can set the mark one rule, then match on the mark using other
rules.

* Re: nf_mark use in sk_buff
@ 2007-02-13 10:48   ` shah hemal
From: shah hemal @ 2007-02-13 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: netfilter-devel

Dear sir,

     thanks for reply.I have register netfilter hook
NF_IP_FORWARD and wrote the handler function

 i want to forward the packet from my local buffer
where i have cached it. i saw one field in skbuff
structure. i.e. nfmark.

Is it possible to pass the mark value to module and
then use it to point  skbuff->nfmark?this mark can be
any integer value ??

thanks in advance.
hemal

> > its written in sk_buff structure description:
> > nfmark
> >
> >     Can be used for communication between hooks .
>
> You can set the mark one rule, then match on the
> mark using other
> rules.

* Re: nf_mark use in sk_buff
@ 2007-02-13 10:48   ` shah hemal